• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Power cord question, Craig L-103

SmileySixguns

I already have been using a Craig L-103 that was given to me by my Grandfather, and I was notified by eBay that one had been listed on there. The guy said it worked, but lacked a mic and a power cord so I took the bait lol. The cool part was that I had already found a mic to use and for testing I just used the power cord I already had. It worked well, other than being scratchy when adjusting the volume (which I addressed with the Deoxit5) and it’s swr meter is also non-functional. Based on its serial number, I believe it to be older than the one I already had. So to the main question, are these types of power cords a standard size? I’m including a picture of where it plugs in for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 25

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Found this on Amazon; Does it look like it would work?
41N6-3722+L._AC_.jpg

POWER CORD w/ LIGHTER PLUG Heavy Duty 16 ga with 3 pin socket for CB Ham Radios - Workman CB3AP​

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL

SmileySixguns

I have that power cord from Amazon on the way. It should be arriving with a new President McKinley II FCC radio as well. I’m hoping to try setting up a base station at my older daughter’s house next week, then just driving around to see how far apart we can chat. I don’t have a base station antenna just yet, so this may or may not work. But it should be fun to try.