BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Problem writing SD card

w1dbc

Premium Subscriber
hello, im having trouble with my 436. I just got it back from Uniden and when I go to write a new fav list, the sd card file will not show up. im in mass storage and its plugged in but the sd just doesn't show up and I just called Uniden and they said to try here for help. anyone can help????

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Did you put the card in after it came back or was it shipped with the card?

If the former, is it a new card?

w1dbc

Premium Subscriber
Did you put the card in after it came back or was it shipped with the card?

If the former, is it a new card?
the original card was in the 436 when I got it back and it has old programming which works just won't program, plus I have a brand new sd card that also does not work

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
the original card was in the 436 when I got it back and it has old programming which works just won't program, plus I have a brand new sd card that also does not work

Try the brand new card (at least as a diagnostic test).

You will have to CLEAR USER DATA first before it becomes visible to Sentinel. You may want to make sure it is formatted as FAT32 first.

It is possible your PC is seeing the existing card as 'read-only'.

w1dbc

Premium Subscriber
Try the brand new card (at least as a diagnostic test).

You will have to CLEAR USER DATA first before it becomes visible to Sentinel. You may want to make sure it is formatted as FAT32 first.

It is possible your PC is seeing the existing card as 'read-only'.
tried formatting, with new sd now getting sd card file error on 436. I formatted it on sd card adapter

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I would prefer to discuss it here to help others.

Is it formatted as FAT32? What is the size of the card? Did you CLEAR USER DATA afterward?

w1dbc

Premium Subscriber
I would prefer to discuss it here to help others.

Is it formatted as FAT32? What is the size of the card? Did you CLEAR USER DATA afterward?
fat32? not sure. original card is 4gb, new one is 128 I believe. when I put the new card in and plug it in the sd file error comes up and can't do anything including powering it on

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
'What he said....'

128GB may work but it will HAVE to be formatted as FAT32. Cards that large usually do not come properly formatted.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
You have to use a Micro SD card formatter. I will try to find a link unless someone else posts one first

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Physical adapter? No. We are talking about software.