RadioReference Mobile (RR Mobile) Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

Works great on the XV6700 with WM5. Nice job Lindsay!

Ditto. I'm using the same phone and WM5. Actually, I'm posting this using the very same Pocket PC.

The difficulty in the past has been navigation through the desktop friendly databases. Now that I can pretty much access all aspects of the site, I'll have to get a second cell battery to handle my constant browsing.

RBMTS

I tried using the mobile site today. I noticed that for Virginia, independant cities will not appear as a menu selection. It allows selections for counties. Cities like Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Richmond, etc will not appear in the selections and can't be viewed.

Still - a great asset to have. Great job

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Works great on my Huckleberry 8800!

I made some changes in the login process for non-iPhone users which should help blackberry users... have a look and let me know.

Thanks, Lindsay... Much more useful when I'm on the road. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

dtscho

Database Admin
I tried using the mobile site today. I noticed that for Virginia, independant cities will not appear as a menu selection. It allows selections for counties. Cities like Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Richmond, etc will not appear in the selections and can't be viewed.

Still - a great asset to have. Great job

Yes, I noticed this problem with Virginia as well. Virginia has about forty independent cities, which are completely separate from counties (i.e., not in any county). The cities should really be listed under the counties. (A workaround to the problem is to add any cities one is interested in to MyRR, where they will show up on RR Mobile.)

Lindsay, any chance of the cities getting added?

Thanks,
Dave

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Works just dandy on both my 3G and Non 3G iPhones.. Bookmarked it when it came out and used it mobile the other day.. Handy little widget this is...

Although forum access would be a big plus, I just use Safari for that when I need it.

dtscho

Database Admin
(I'm using the 1st generation iPhone.)

I think I've found a bug with RR Mobile, specifically with the My RR feature. When I click on some of the systems (Washington Metro, Spotsylvania County), it brings me to the county page with the same RR ID number. For example, the Washington Metro has SID 2721, but it brings me to Rockwall County (CTID 2721). The funny thing is, it doesn't do this all the time. Sometimes I'll click the Washington Metro system, and it will bring me to the proper system page.

Thanks,
Dave

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I found the problem to this. The link was set to ctid, but the *box* was set to sid. So, it literally came down to whether or not you touched near the link within the box or the link itself ;-)

Should be ok now.

This was a bug.. nice catch!

dtscho

Database Admin
Lindsay,

Another small bug with RadioReference Mobile. LTR system LCNs do not show the channel numbers next to the frequencies.

Thanks again for developing/maintaining RR Mobile--it's a great resource on the iPhone!

Dave

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Any plans on adding Mobile Forums access sometime in the future? Otherwise the Mobile site in it's current form is great keep up the good work.

apexoflight

lost

OK maybe i don't get it. I'm using a samsung omnia i910 on verizon with winmo 6.1 professional and i have no idea how to get this to work can someone please explain it would be much appreciated!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
OK maybe i don't get it. I'm using a samsung omnia i910 on verizon with winmo 6.1 professional and i have no idea how to get this to work can someone please explain it would be much appreciated!

Did you read the very first post of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.