Railroad Locomotive Radio Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ES44AH

1 More thing is we have skype call's on Railroad radio chat twice a week, If you get a skype and add me i can add anyone to the call, User name for me is radiofan3340. Also There is A (Burlington Northern Railroad) Clean Cab Spectra on ebay. Link ----> MOTOROLA RAILROAD SPECTRA, VHF | eBay . I would not buy it because it does it dose not do Narrow Band , or digital. No spectra will Do it i say if you have a Motorola Spectra you should sell it now on ebay and get money for a new on that dose do Narrow band and digital.

You mean like the 2 that you paid over $300.00?

HA5BRG

Searching for Clean Cab Radio service manual

Hi there all,

Let me introduce myself! My name is Tamas or in english: Tom. I am a licensed HAM radio operator and a big railway fan too. I live in Hungary, in the middle of Europe. Recently I got a Motorola Railroad Spectra on in other words: a Motorola Clean Cab Radio. Unfortunately in my country all of Motorola's Saber and Spectra series radios are unknown. I asked for help at my local Motorola dealer but they only laughed at me. They don't know these kind of radios and they didn't seem to be helpful :(((

I am searching for the original Motorola RR Spectra's service manual for years....but I have found nothing. Nothing on ebay. Nothing on forums, nothing....

And then I found this place and the pictures of an original service manual. I would like to kindly ask you all if you could help me getting a copy of it or somehow scan it to JPG or PDF?

I think communicating in E-mail is much more useful and easy, so my address is: ha5brg@gmail.hu - if needed.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards:

Tom
HA5BRG

dapaq2

Tom,

I no longer have the service manual. Sorry I cannot help you with scans or information from those manuals. But I can tell you that if you look at the photos of the service manual I uploaded to this thread, At the bottom of the service manual you will see two multi digit numbers starting with 68P, those are the Motorola part numbers for those manuals. Contact Motorola direct and ask them for availability and pricing. If I remember correctly that manual cost me somewhere around $450.00 USD. I dont even know if the manuals are still in production. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Best Regards,

Doug

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Harris Clean Cab

Anybody have any pix of the Harris Alpha CC radio? I used to work on these in the Rochester Harris RF Communications plant back in the 80's.

Larry

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
Railroad Radio Photos

Here is a rarely seen Motorola Astro Spectra with the optional RADIO/PA/INTERCOM/CALL buttons
This explains the option (from the service manual)

6.1.6 MBW330 PA/Intercom Interface

This option modifies the radio control panel to include four new pushbuttons, identified as RAD (radio),
PA (public address), IC (intercom), and CALL. The status of each button function is also indicated by an
associated LED on the display. The function of the four pushbuttons is to control the state of the three
Vehicle Interface Port (VIP) output lines available on the radio data connector. The VIP outputs control
external customer-specific equipment. Also, momentarily grounding the first VIP input will reset all VIP
outputs to the OFF state. Refer to section 4.2.

Attachments

• DSC00098.JPG
    DSC00098.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 3,414
Last edited:

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
Railroad Radio Photos Part 2

An oldie but a goodie. Some of the best audio around. Just too bad it can't do narrowband :(

Attachments

• DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 4,415

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
Ritron RCCR

I had a chance to tinker with a Ritron RCCR. Very easy to operate; quite sensitive; excellent audio and large easy to read display. They are priced in the range of other railroad radios (approximately $3000.00 depending on the options). Here is a picture

Attachments

• DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 5,073
I had a chance to tinker with a Ritron RCCR. Very easy to operate; quite sensitive; excellent audio and large easy to read display. They are priced in the range of other railroad radios (approximately $3000.00 depending on the options). Here is a picture

You have any more pictures of the RCCR?

timkilbride

Database Admin

If you hit/hold two buttons at the same time, the display gets funky. I have also seen there the display will go blank and the radio will stay keyed up.

The GE radios we have will display a error, "NO RCB DETECTED". You can't RX or TX when it does this.

Tim

SkyPager

Hi there all,

Let me introduce myself! My name is Tamas or in english: Tom. I am a licensed HAM radio operator and a big railway fan too. I live in Hungary, in the middle of Europe. Recently I got a Motorola Railroad Spectra on in other words: a Motorola Clean Cab Radio. Unfortunately in my country all of Motorola's Saber and Spectra series radios are unknown. I asked for help at my local Motorola dealer but they only laughed at me. They don't know these kind of radios and they didn't seem to be helpful :(((

I am searching for the original Motorola RR Spectra's service manual for years....but I have found nothing. Nothing on ebay. Nothing on forums, nothing....

And then I found this place and the pictures of an original service manual. I would like to kindly ask you all if you could help me getting a copy of it or somehow scan it to JPG or PDF?

I think communicating in E-mail is much more useful and easy, so my address is: ha5brg@gmail.hu - if needed.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards:

Tom
HA5BRG

Try here The Motorola Spectra Radio Index Page
-or -
Motorola Spectra Manuals

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
It has 500 home channels that can do different tx/rx combinations along with PL or DPL on each channel. You can also add a seven character name tag to each home channel

Status
Not open for further replies.