RE: Volume knob for the 780/785/796 on EBay

KC0CCB

i found those knobs on ebay but the smallest one of them aint big enough for the 796d and i told the seller he should make sets for the 796 too but the knobs for the 780 dont work on the 796..

Ubbe

For the VFO for the BC780 I used a volume button from a Motorola GP340 and the rubber material have a much better feel to it. I don't know what that radio series are called in US but it is the same button for a lot of different Motorola models that are available on Ebay. The volume on the BC780 use a smaller dimension axel.

The picture of a BC796 shows that that volume and VFO have swapped places. Then the volume are probably that standard Motorola size. It's the larger knob of the two with a dot on top. 2X Volume Channel Knob Sets For Motorola Radio HT750 HT1250 HT1250LS CP200 CP040 | eBay

/Ubbe

Last edited:
For the VFO for the BC780 I used a volume button from a Motorola GP340 and the rubber material have a much better feel to it. I don't know what that radio series are called in US but it is the same button for a lot of different Motorola models that are available on Ebay. The volume on the BC780 use a smaller dimension axel.

The picture of a BC796 shows that that volume and VFO have swapped places. Then the volume are probably that standard Motorola size. It's the larger knob of the two with a dot on top. 2X Volume Channel Knob Sets For Motorola Radio HT750 HT1250 HT1250LS CP200 CP040 | eBay

/Ubbe
Hi Ubbe,
do you know of any better looking knobs to fit a 536-PT. I think Uniden could do a lot better with their vol/sq knobs.
Thanks.

Ubbe

Hi Ubbe,
do you know of any better looking knobs to fit a 536-PT. I think Uniden could do a lot better with their vol/sq knobs.
Thanks.
No, any bigger and easier to grab rubber knobs will cover the texts on the front. I can't pull mine off to check (are they glued?) but it can be either the standard size half moon or just splines that allow you to push it on into any position.

/Ubbe

No, any bigger and easier to grab rubber knobs will cover the texts on the front. I can't pull mine off to check (are they glued?) but it can be either the standard size half moon or just splines that allow you to push it on into any position.

/Ubbe
Yes thanks.
I havn’t tried to take mine off because as you mentioned. And any large will block the text.