road trip across canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCHMEIFUCAN

Premium Subscriber
im going to be making a trip from edmounton alberta to truro n,s i have a 396t and im trying to find all the frequencies for police and rcmp along the way ,would this be alot of trouble to set scanner up for this trip and how would i find all the freq,s i would need ? thanks

Command30

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Might be a hassle to program in every single Fleetnet tower (for ON).

Stick with the in-car vehicle repeaters (VR) for the OPP

colby4601

When you come through Saskatchewan, you'll want to put all ONE HUNDRED RCMP P25 system control channels in the scanner in order for you to be able to trunk the RCMP for the whole province. You'll have to do so yourself. Start at 138.000 and add 0.015 all the way up to 139.500. Otherwise, you won't be able to hear what you want to hear.

As well, program the SaskTel FleetNet system in. It is still active and you will be able to hear some still interesting stuff.

Good luck, stay safe, have fun and of course, enjoy scanning.

Colby

P.S. If you go through Regina or Saskatoon at all, plug their City TRS into your radio as well. Always stuff going on.

mciupa

I guess you should make a list of all the highways you will be travelling on from Alberta to Nova Scotia, then visit the database for each province.
For Alberta, Sask, and Manitoba ,New Brunswick and Nova Scotia you will want the RCMP
For Ontario, your best bet for police monitoring will be the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) while driving through the province.
For Quebec, the Surete du Qubec (SQ) police the highways.
This requires lots of downloading, so you may want to consider a premium membership in order to program everything quickly before you go.

mciupa

It would make a lot more sense for the OP to just solicit some 396T files. What's the point of reinventing the wheel a dozen more times?

:roll:
fing04.gif

Now why didn't I think of that? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.