SDS100/SDS200: Scanning GMRS with an SDS200

jgiercyk

I've been a scanner enthusiast and a licensed amateur for 30 years. It's come to my attention that many people have been drawn to GMRS, and I'd like to listen in to see it there is a lot of local activity on the repeater. I am programming my SDS-200 with Sentinel and I don't see a way to program GMRS frequencies. What am I missing? With this "High dollar hear everything" radio, there must be a way.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've been a scanner enthusiast and a licensed amateur for 30 years. It's come to my attention that many people have been drawn to GMRS, and I'd like to listen in to see it there is a lot of local activity on the repeater. I am programming my SDS-200 with Sentinel and I don't see a way to program GMRS frequencies. What am I missing? With this "High dollar hear everything" radio, there must be a way.
In Sentinel, go to the database. Select the Nationwide folder for your county, or (actually) any county in any state, and it's Nationwide folder.

1708921597568.png
There, you'll see an entry for GMRS. You can <right><click> on it & append it to any current Favorites list, or create a new one in Sentinel. Write that list to the scanner using Sentinel.

Note that the Service type for the GMRS frequencies in the database is "Other", so be sure that that specific service type is enabled.