SDR program shuts down but won't clear out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFortner

I have a new RTL-SDR R820T2 and it is acting weird with my Windows 7 computer. SDRSharp and HDSDR will run OK but then suddenly the program crashes and the window closes, but the program still shows as active in the task manager. When I try to start it again, or the other SDR program that one hangs with the window not opening and it can't be killed either with task manager or KillProcess. I have to reboot my computer in order to start using the SDR again.

I've deleted and reinstalled Visual C++ and .Net. I read that you should not uninstall any older versions of Visual C++ because older programs may need it, and I had already done that, and you need to install both the x86 and x64 versions if you are using a 64 bit processor. So I reinstalled all versions of Visual C++ from the 2005 version to the current 2015 version. I also removed and reinstalled .Net 4.6.1 as well.

The SDR is on it's own USB 2.0 port on the front of the computer, with no hub. I've run Zadig to replace the drivers and both HDSDR and SDRSharp are the latest versions. I'm totally baffled at this point.

Anybody have any ideas what's going on with my SDR and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.