SDS100 quick performance review

Status
Not open for further replies.

njfd

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested as well to see how it does on RAS systems. I'm too far away at home here to test on Hopatcong PD.

I haven’t noticed any issues Vernon PD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NParkNJ

On the Road
I have it programmed as OFT just multiple sites though for PD/FD/EMS

Cool. Gotcha.

If you don’t mind, could you try it the other way, and see if the scanner could pick it up using TG method?

njfd

Premium Subscriber
Cool. Gotcha.

If you don’t mind, could you try it the other way, and see if the scanner could pick it up using TG method?

Sure thing let me try and figure it out

njfd

Premium Subscriber
Sure thing let me try and figure it out

I would say for the most part programming DMR as OFT is no way to go for the most part at least With Vernon i’m thinking it has to do with The fact that programming by TG when it comes to the sites requires an LCN so the answer your question i’m getting five bars but no audio

NParkNJ

On the Road
I miss spoke I meant to say for the most part programming DMR as OTF is the way to go at least in my case

I’m interesting in seeing if OFT vs TG and the response time of the scanner. People were saying because of RAS transmissions get cut off.

Hoping this SDS solves that completely.

njfd

Premium Subscriber
I’m interesting in seeing if OFT vs TG and the response time of the scanner. People were saying because of RAS transmissions get cut off.

Hoping this SDS solves that completely.

The 536/436 I forget which firmware it was but the scanner should determine what type of RAS is used and stores it I believe. I would think it would be the same with the SDS100[emoji848]

mikeybus44

Premium Subscriber
Staten Island here ......

NJICS West Orange and Union County both went from 2 bars on the 436 to 5 full bars on the 100.
Always had a problem with Newark FD being totally unreadable but not anymore.

One issue I have been trying to fix is that for some reason Jersey City system is decent on the 436 but the 100 basically skips over everything. I dumped my 436 profile into the 100 and have been running them side by side on things and the 100 does well everytime - except for this one system. So i'm a bit perplexed by that - but other than that i'm happy so far.

awg9tech

So far my BCD436HP and HP2 are out performing my SDS-100 on the New Jersey Interoperability Communications System, Maryland FIRST, and West Virginia SIRN on my trip to our weekend place in WV. The Unication G5 is beating both.

UPDATE: Fault found with the SDS-100's antenna connector. Not sure what it is yet, but will examine further later.

As expected.

After pleading with Uniden to help me with my simulcast issues with my BCD436, they refused to acknowledge the problem.

Today I received am email from scanner master in reference to the SDS:

"This is the first scanner to signal the end of the notorious digital trunking simulcast distortion problem! Hallelujah and thank you, Uniden!"

Nope. Sorry. Not going to fool me twice. Uniden will never get another cent from me.

Looking forward to a new G5.

qman62

You need to keep reading to see the issue was resolved.

And the following posts saying the SDS100 is working just as good or better.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The SDS100 has fixed the simulcast issues I've been having with the 436. Also note that RadioDitch's antenna problem appears to have been the result of shipping damage.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
In another thread Paul said, "later this year for the additional battery packs and external charger."

Mike

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
After pleading with Uniden to help me with my simulcast issues with my BCD436, they refused to acknowledge the problem.

Uniden never marketed the 436 as a solution for simulcast. So I'm not sure why you would expect them to do a whole lot when you're using the radio to do something it wasn't really designed to do.

Today I received am email from scanner master in reference to the SDS:

"This is the first scanner to signal the end of the notorious digital trunking simulcast distortion problem! Hallelujah and thank you, Uniden!"

Nope. Sorry. Not going to fool me twice. Uniden will never get another cent from me.

Looking forward to a new G5.

The SDS100 is specifically designed to handle simulcast, and it works as advertised. The G5 costs more, and does less.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Uniden never marketed the 436 as a solution for simulcast. So I'm not sure why you would expect them to do a whole lot when you're using the radio to do something it wasn't really designed to do.

We all know you are a Uniden fan, but enough is enough. Do I really have to post pictures of the box, advertisements, excerpts from the owners manual, etc. where it says it monitors P25 trunked systems, both Phase I and II. Because that is what it was designed to do...but didn’t live up to the claims. I didn’t see any “unless the system uses LSM.” No manufacturer marketed it as a solution and I haven’t seen Uniden specifically say that the SDS-100 will “completely solve your LSM issues.” Am I wrong UpMan or is the claim more of YMMV?

Status
Not open for further replies.