Sentinel Database feature requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK7I

Feed Provider
Here in the Inland North West, it's fire season (as other places). This means that a LOT of Fed firefighters are moving in/out of the area, using their home frequencies as they work the fires. They're mostly USFS, some NPS, some BLM, some are aircraft, some are contractors.

Since one never knows where they will be from (or even which country) and they don't always use the posted (Idaho for example) channels, it would be convenient to have ONE place in the Sentinel database to grab ALL the various Fed frequency groups in one place for times like this. One CAN grab them from various other areas (CA, AZ etc) and plug them into one group, one can do band scans to find them (time consuming and inefficient, tedious and highly likely something would be missed. One can also incorporate the entire database without setting range limits but that's a gross excess of scanning, it takes too much time with things that don't apply.

I would suggest that for clarity and simplicity, creating ALL the Fed channel as another 'state' would be the cleanest means to present this. That 'state' could be broken into agencies (BP, DHS, USFS, NP etc) and be all inclusive regardless of area of operation. I've also noticed a shift in usage (DHS using USFS listed assignments and vice versa), so the list seems... transient, with reassignments.

Such a Fed list is available on RR, but I'm not seeing it in Sentinel. Please add it.

While I have the moment, adding the 'Victor' aircraft channels would be nice too for those areas with the larger fires. While they are highly transient, over time a compact list could be developed.

Yes, I realize that the database is a topic always in flux and I commend those in charge of keeping the database coherent and sane.

Thank you,
Rick wa6nhc

PS adding a frequency search ability to find who 'may' be active when doing a search, within Sentinel would be a really nice addiction too.

NK7I

Feed Provider
Disappointing that no one seems to have picked up on this. This should be easy for the database team to provide a Fed page in the format of the states, but in discipline order (BLM, USFS, NPS, CBP etc).

Rick nhc

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Disappointing that no one seems to have picked up on this. This should be easy for the database team to provide a Fed page in the format of the states, but in discipline order (BLM, USFS, NPS, CBP etc).

Rick nhc

Pick literally any county in any state or province in either US or Canada. It's there, and it's been there since the very first version of Sentinel..

cZTqcgu.png

If you're asking for the Nationwide categories to be reorganized, this is done by pushing the "Submit Info" button on the page you linked to in post #3. It's on the blue toolbar at the top of the page, and will directly convey your suggestions to the database administrators responsible for maintaining that page.

NK7I

Feed Provider
I will try that again too, but thought the admins monitored here. (I did at the original posting date)

It's too tedious to go to EVERY county in EVERY state, weekly, to glean the possibilities when the database can be formed to provide that with a mere click.

Thank you,
Rick

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I will try that again too, but thought the admins monitored here. (I did at the original posting date)

It's too tedious to go to EVERY county in EVERY state, weekly, to glean the possibilities when the database can be formed to provide that with a mere click.

Thank you,
Rick
There's no need to go into every county in every state. Pick any county, in any U.S. state. What's under the Nationwide folder in the Sentinel database will be the same for any other U.S. county, in any other state. East Coast, West Coast, Gulf Coast, Midwest states, it doesn't matter. They will all have the same set of systems & agencies in the Nationwide category.

At the state level, every Statewide folder for any county in that county's state will be the same. So, if I look in the Statewide category for Dallas, TX, I'll see the same things that show up for Travis County (Austin) and Harris County (Houston), or any other random county in Texas.

For your specific county, as well as any others that are of interest, such as neighboring counties, or counties that you regularly travel through or to, just click on your state in the main RadioReference database. Any county that's been updated in some form or fashion recently will be colorized. Green if a change/update was made in the past 24 hours, or a yellowish tan if the update was done in the past 7 days.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think this is a case where finding such frequencies is very simple - everyone expects it to be more difficult that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.