Sentinel: Sentinel won't load????

UncleCarl

Hello All,

Just got a new computer because my old one 'flamed out'. I had Sentinel loaded on it (Windows 11 Home edition) and it worked perfectly.

I just tried to load Sentinel on the new machine (Windows 11 Pro) and I got an error message that Sentinel needs to download .NET 2.0 in order to run. I had loaded .NET earlier today so I KNEW it was already on my computer. I even checked and it's there.

Sentinel won't let me proceed with installation and keeps trying to force me to reload .net 2. Apparently the Sentinel installation package doesn't see the .NET 2.0 already sitting there.

I had this problem with another software on my old machine..Kept tryigg to force me to install .NET. In that case I loaded it and reloaded and reloaded to no avail. I called the software developers and they told me it was a conflict with the new version of Windows.... Gosh...I think?

I finally had to find another software package that did the same thing. But I don't know of another version of Sentinel to try.

Has anyone else run into this and possibly have a workaround?

PS>>>> I downloaded the file "BCDx36HP_Sentinel_Version_2_03_00" which is the latest I can find.

UncleCarl

follow the instructions here:

Excellent...It worked and I posted about it in that thread.

Thanks for the response....and I called myself looking for a similar thread before I posted....Sorry about that! :oops: