• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

srv file for KPG-11D

LGolder

Feed Provider
Is there any way to strip out an ESN from a service file to push into another unit without an error? I have 2 NX-800H'S that they want the same programming in (the one has a NXDN Trunked system that's not even in operation any longer they went P25 so this isn't important). We tried just cloning but the master does what it's supposed to, the slave the indicator light blinks red never goes into programming mode.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.
Leah

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm a bit unclear on what you are asking.

Are you trying to copy the configuration of one radio to another using the direct clone function?

If so, ESN's are not transferred between radios. ESN is hard coded.

If the radio that is supposed to receive the clone file isn't accepting it, I'd make sure the radio is set up to permit cloning function. You'll need KPG-111 for that. Go into "Optional Features", "Common Page 2" and make sure the "CLONE" check box is checked.

LGolder

Feed Provider
Sorry yes, cloning is enabled on both units but when the "slave" is turned on it won't go any farther than displaying cloning mode except the light flashes red when the master sends the programming. So I'm trying other ways to pull the programming from one to in a lack of better words shove into the other and using the engineering mode pulled it from the master saved it and tried to put it in that way but it's giving me an error that the ESN isn't the same so I wasn't sure if there was a way around that?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
ESN shouldn't matter as that isn't part of the programming file. You should be able to read the good radio, then write that file into the other radio. Just use standard KPG-111 with the read/write function. Don't do anything with the engineering side of the software, that'll screw things up.

Need to make sure they are the same model number/band split. Firmware, if vastly different, may be a challenge.

If that doesn't work, then there would be more questions to try and figure this out.