State vs. Municipal Radio ID Allocation For Portables and Mobiles on CLRMN

adamfancher

That seems to make sense, as 197xxxx is for UConn. They only seem to be active on the NBPD talkgroups but then again I don't believe CCSU has any talkgroups on the system

adamfancher

Or Plainfield....coincidentally yesterday I had several radios and a console show up under 109xxxx but have not checked the audio yet
So I have audio logs of 1091003 and 1091006, and while the digital decoding is really choppy and as of yet cannot discern much from the audio, they are active in the Plainfield talkgroup 20911

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not seeing anyone but Plainfield using 109xxxx on CLMRN. The best thing to do is go to Broadcastify CALLS and see if the audio/RID/times match up with Plainfield PD.
I would agree that the 198xxxx radios are likely Central CT State Univ. I would guess that they may be running the same IDs on their 858.7375 channel.
Enfield is not on CLMRN. In their P25 system, the dispatcher is RID 1 and others seem to be 2xxx

cg

Premium Subscriber
likely a garbage decode, TGID and RID not logged on Troop H or C simulcasts

adamfancher

likely a garbage decode, TGID and RID not logged on Troop H or C simulcasts
This was logged off the Troop B site, which further proves your point...Enfield is probably only doing inter-agency calls with C and H, probably not L and B (I do get very limited traffic from Troop H....my simulcast from them is more like semi-cast)

adamfancher

Does anyone have any insight on the lore of this 2016 document? Any known timeline or changeover from one format to the other?
I've heard that a lot of the newer towns joining CLMRN generally are using the state standard.
For the municipalities that deviated, is it CTS that decides which ID's will be portables vs. mobiles or the town itself?