The Blantonl Command Post: 3/16/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
All the radios run through the NCS-3230 Audio distribution system which allocates audio to the two speakers. I am only running two speakers for the entire system - and that really helps.

I am running PC-ALE - I am a huge fan of the USCS/HF Cothen Network, and I've been monitoring them for over 20 years. I still remember the old SLINGSHOT days when cothen really had great comms running then.

The 6GB of RAM for the Mac Pro is because I do a tremendous amount of development work, and run multiple VMware sessions for development purposes for my real job - which allows me to develop on the local workstation, then push the images to the Dell 2950 file server.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
firetaz834 said:
What information is displayed on the Sony flat screen monitor that is on top of your rack?

The Dell Fileserver. It actually resides in the room next door, so I have the cabling come through the wall to that rack (and monitor)

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Here is my question, do you host RadioReference yourself or do you use managed hosting?

kyguy

Real nice setup!!
What ???? She even made you give up the spongebob chair? That ain't right!!!!

bownasterm

Excellent setup, two questions....

1 what brand or model of rack is that? (I am considering getting one to install all of our home's networking needs in since I am the home network manager at our house and our network is getting too big for the small shelf its on)

and 2 what kind of file and print server things do you run i am considering setting this up for our house as we run alot of pc's here....

dogs835

bownasterm said:
what brand or model of rack is that? (I am considering getting one to install all of our home's networking needs in since I am the home network manager at our house and our network is getting too big for the small shelf its on)

I'm not sure exactly what brand and model - but check out a company called Middle Atlantic. They make racks for the broadcast industry (and IT and whoever else needs a rack, I guess). Markertek has pretty good prices for small orders - I usually buy them as bigger orders from whoever is supplying the hardware.

I've bought dozens and dozens of these for work - bigger and smaller sizes, with tons of accessories: without doors, plexi doors, shelves, casters, locks, etc.

The only caveat is, they ain't cheap.

SCPD

QRT
you might check Guitar center or some musical equipment store also, Musical equipment racks are about the same as RF or IT racks.

yeah LB, that wire track running down the book shelf is a wonderful idea, very clean. But you have always been the King of Clean, remembering back to one of the early installs you showed us back in the easy days of Trunkedradio.net.

Last edited:

weeksben1

Lindsay,

I'm wondering if you have your computer's audio wired into the NCS audio console? The reason I ask is, that I've also got the NCS console and wondering how you've got your system setup.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.