Trouble brewing for CMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Trouble Brewing For CMED

I missed all of that action. I know there has pretty much been dead silence on Med 10. Really miss all of the old signing on. All the old Med channels always had repeaters. Why wouldn't they be using them now. I mean why would they turn a repeater off.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
We have a channel that is being used for Wallingford and Meriden (Med 102) who is calling in on what channels for patches into the ER on priority 1's? Is that still med 10? (New Haven, West Haven, East Haven, etc)

leadjammer

Trouble Brewing for CMED

I live in Hamden and even with an outside antenna I never pick up MED 102 Maybe they are using that like a dispatch channel but since I can't get it on my scanner I can't say for sure what is going on there. I don't think that is part of MED COM anymore. Maybe Hunters is using that channel.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I live in Hamden and even with an outside antenna I never pick up MED 102 Maybe they are using that like a dispatch channel but since I can't get it on my scanner I can't say for sure what is going on there. I don't think that is part of MED COM anymore. Maybe Hunters is using that channel.

Med 102 is still being used as a call channel as the previous post pointed out. I get it here in Ansonia and I get it via my outside antenna, albeit weak. It used to be much stronger. Not sure if they changed signal levels or it was a result of some rearranging of equipment on my side when I added new receivers recently. Nonetheless, I do get it on my CDM 1550LS+. I cross checked that signal level with my BCT15X scanners and all show the same signal level drop. Everything else in the scanners comes in loud and clear so I doubt it's on my end. I heard a unit this morning ask for a patch to Waterbury hospital and another asking for a priority 3 patch to Danbury hospital,so it is being used as a CMED type of set up but not sure what relationship, if any, exists with Medcomm.

Manny

Last edited:

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
If the patches were to Danbury and Waterbury then that is through North West Public Safety. MedComm is only covering the greater New Haven area

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I get med 102 here scratchy on a CDM 1550LS as well. I get the patches to all of the hospitals loud and clear and yesterday Shelton requested a patch on Med 10 so with that I am thinking if a unit needs a patch they are doing it the old way. That said they are only doing priority 1 patches to yale now so the patches are few and far between.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
If the patches were to Danbury and Waterbury then that is through North West Public Safety. MedComm is only covering the greater New Haven area

Izzy, you're 100 % correct. The PL on med 102 on my CDM is 192.8 so it IS Northwest.

Manny

APX7500X2

Izzy, you're 100 % correct. The PL on med 102 on my CDM is 192.8 so it IS Northwest.

Manny

Med 10-2 & 8-2 are the Meriden Wallingford channels, 10-2 for coordination and 8-2 for patching.
Northwest took over that area 6+ months ago

You will hear units from Meriden all the way to Danbury on Meds 10-2, 9,1 & 10 as they are all patched together at northwest, if a Danbury unit calls in on med 10 you will hear it on med 10-2, poor mans simulcast.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Med 10-2 & 8-2 are the Meriden Wallingford channels, 10-2 for coordination and 8-2 for patching.
Northwest took over that area 6+ months ago

You will hear units from Meriden all the way to Danbury on Meds 10-2, 9,1 & 10 as they are all patched together at northwest, if a Danbury unit calls in on med 10 you will hear it on med 10-2, poor mans simulcast.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.