TRX-1 Headphone Socket Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrino222

I've been using a Bluetooth transceiver with my TRX-1 for around a week. Whenever I plug out the the 3.5 jack, the sound no longer switches to the internal speaker. Anyone had similar issues and were you able to fix it?

I'm wondering if it might be a mechanical quirk regarding the headphone socket.

Neutrino222

UPDATE: If I change the IF to HP & SP, then the internal speaker starts up, and I hear the key beeps and the hissing, so the speaker is working. It just won't work when IF is set to OFF, which is the normal operating function for the internal speaker. Any ideas?

Neutrino222

UPDATE:

I left it unplugged last night, no power and no Bluetooth speaker, and this morning after powering on, the internal speaker worked. I plugged in some headphones, and they worked. I unplugged them, and audio switched to internal speaker. I plugged and unplugged the headphones several times, but sometimes it took 5 or 6 seconds for the audio to switch over to the internal speaker. Perhaps the switch in the jack isn't engaging after being de-pressed for some time, and thus the software thinks there is something still plugged in.

Earlier, I left the headphones in for 10 minutes, and after removing them it took a few minutes for the audio to switch over to the internal speaker.

Ubbe suggested cleaning the jack, I'm just waiting for some isopropyl in the post.

Neutrino222

Update: I've tried everything I could possibly imagine, accept changing out the headphone jack - which would require de-soldering and re-soldering a new one - (my soldering skills are a little under par)

Anyway, I bought a third TRX-1, which works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.