Uniden released new hp2? What about fixing the models you already released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
UPMan's Rules of Conduct . From the Uniden Website.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/upman.html#UpMan_s_Rules_of_Conduct

I especially like # 6.
"Under promise and over deliver.
Don't make absolute performance claims -- YMMV is never so true as with radio products. "

I like #5
When there is a problem, admit it as soon as possible.
Slow or non existence
Customers are not stupid.
Apparently Uniden thinks we are. Here is the new HP-2 while you wait.
Ignoring or denying a legitimate problem is not the way to handle it.
The way it's being handle has been very poor to date.
If necessary, check with legal or senior management before commenting.
You know there all over this and pulling the strings.
Never promise a fix you cannot deliver.
What fix? Still waiting.

I probably fall under #4 but at this point I really don't care. I was always a Uniden supporter and sometimes enough is enough.

Last edited:

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Paul probably needs a security team to walk him to his car tonight from the office I bet you.

I guarantee you that he is going to lose a lot of sleep or us complaining. But you can't lye to us consumers and then a year later still hide behind the curtains. The curtains will fall sometime or another and maybe hitting them in the pocket book where is count is where we all need to focus now.

Screw them and the pony they rode in on when they fed the horse a bunch of crap a year ago.

15plus1

While I have opinions and thoughts on this Uniden x36 issue / debacle, I have to say this. If an individual is bold enough to make a platform and stand on it ( see my UPMan's code post ), which is an honorable thing to do IMHO, then by all means stand on it ! It almost seems that was part of a marketing strategy or ploy.

pepsima1

Banned
####

The Class Action Lawsuit Idea is the best idea at this point. We all need to team up and attack them like a pitbull does. Hit them in the pocket book, this is the only way at this point.

Screw them. Lets get some money out of this whole mess. We deserve it at this point.

pepsima1

Banned
I am serious no more ranting and raving. It's time for the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT>

This is the only way at this point. We want our money back or a partial refund for every unit we bought.

What's fair is fair.

Boatanchor

I purchased the 436HP for the Analyze function advertised on the carton.
I want a full refund, including my shipping costs too!

SCPD

QRT
serious?

I am serious no more ranting and raving. It's time for the CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT>

This is the only way at this point. We want our money back or a partial refund for every unit we bought.

What's fair is fair.

You serious? I'm kinda annoyed the x36HP radios dont receive all that well on vhf airband

Blackink

Take Em Down.....!

UPMan's Rules of Conduct . From the Uniden Website.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/upman.html#UpMan_s_Rules_of_Conduct

I especially like # 6.
"Under promise and over deliver.
Don't make absolute performance claims -- YMMV is never so true as with radio products. "

From the looks of things with Uniden over these last several months and now the release of a new HP2, with all the problems customers are having trying to get what was promised to them with recent scanner models, those Rules of Conduct should be taken down.......NOW !!!

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
I'm in with the Class Action!! I am usually a glass half full guy and think I have been very patient thinking that Uniden is going to do the right thing and give us what we paid for. Well they just spit in our eyes and I am done with being patient.

Mike

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
This would be a great time for Tim Cook and the Apple team to announce the iScanner.

I am completely kidding of course. Kinda, I am pretty sure Apple could probably deliver a pretty slick scanner, and with working WiFi and an app.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Makes you wonder what the fine print will be on the HP2 box.

*does not do Phase 2 yet, but it will at some point, we promise.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

What's fair is fair.

I thought you said you sold all of your x36's ??

pepsima1

Banned
No its going to read

Don't open the box yet, the radio is on its way in 1 year from now once it gets built and the plastic mold company builds the outer case. Then we might have Phase II TDMA but we won't guarantee it. But please pay full price for the radio upfront.

pepsima1

Banned
I thought you said you sold all of your x36's ??

I did but I still have the receipts for my purchases. Maybe we will get some restitution somewhere down the road. I kind of miss the radio a little bit because of the front display screen was awesome but too many hardware issues driving me crazy.

bsmotril

He likely won't respond now that legal action is threatened.

If the content of this forum has made it up to Uniden corporate, then I am certain he has been instructed not to respond. Once legal action is threatened, the corporate counsel becomes the only mouthpiece to the public. Such is the way of corporate 'murica.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Makes you wonder what the fine print will be on the HP2 box.

*does not do Phase 2 yet, but it will at some point, we promise.

If Uniden is smart (yeah, I know, Uniden and smart should not be together in the same sentence), all they should have on the box is a picture of the HP-2 along with the company name.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
All this griping(and for missing features) rightly so... i guess. Has anyo e stopped to co sider the amoubt of R&D time for the HP2? Im going to hazard a guess(kinda like all you about x36 support bei g dropped for the HP2) and say the HP2 has likely been in the pipeline for atleast a year. Regardless of the issues of the x36 this product announcement was likely goi g to happen even if there was no issues with the x36 series.

All you folk cryi g that they are dropping/abandoning the x36 line are simply fear mongering.

Good god... this is entertaining.

Good luck on the clas action... remember the only people who win are the lawyers...

Status
Not open for further replies.