What's going on in Atlantic City ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: Okay... the monster arrived today (SDS100).

I already have it running and have received AC Fire on 14201 ... Hallelujah ! :) Reception is loud and clear.

There's going to be a serious learning curve with this beast. I do have experience scanning trunked systems but this unit is a whole new world. It's also physically smaller than I expected... and, yes, it came with the new, larger battery.

Congrats! I also have the SDS 100. I am about 45 minutes Northwest of you but if you're interested I could show you a few pointers for the unit or help you with programming if needed. So I am picking up the AC site of the county 800 loud and clear tonight on my Unication G5. I can confirm ACFD chirping away on TGID 14201. But I hear no PD traffic on that system at all. Not even encrypted traffic.

joelincoln

Thanks for the offer, but I enjoy the challenge of diving into a new technology. But, I'll ask on this forum if I run into problems.

AC EMS is dispatching on 14301. 65202 also appears when they talk...I assume this is a patch.

I've also had brief activity on 14471 and 14131 but have no idea what they are.

Regarding ACPD: I've been scanninng/searching for about 8 hours now and have identified two apparent PD TGs: 14101 and 14102. 14101 is obviously the main channel (can't really call it dispatch as they do MDT). Both TGs come up with no voice or any sounds... I assume this is because they're encrypted.

However, I have heard two short conversions between individuals in the clear on 14101. Don't know if this is common on nominally encrypted channels.

Other PDs in the county also come up with no sounds. But I've heard clear conversions and even dispatching from Linwood, Hammonton, and EHT.

More to come...

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the offer, but I enjoy the challenge of diving into a new technology. But, I'll ask on this forum if I run into problems.

AC EMS is dispatching on 14301. 65202 also appears when they talk...I assume this is a patch.

I've also had brief activity on 14471 and 14131 but have no idea what they are.

Regarding ACPD: I've been scanninng/searching for about 8 hours now and have identified two apparent PD TGs: 14101 and 14102. 14101 is obviously the main channel (can't really call it dispatch as they do MDT). Both TGs come up with no voice or any sounds... I assume this is because they're encrypted.

However, I have heard two short conversions between individuals in the clear on 14101. Don't know if this is common on nominally encrypted channels.

Other PDs in the county also come up with no sounds. But I've heard clear conversions and even dispatching from Linwood, Hammonton, and EHT.

More to come...

Sounds good. Thank you for the info.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Atl Cty tfc

Our last night in AC, heading back to Reading, PA Friday. I can add the Beach patrol TG of 14311.
Also heard TG 65202 came in over TG 14301 EMS Disp.TG 14471 could be Public works.

Rich

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So EHT PD TGID 15101 and Linwood PD TGID 5101 both run mixed mode encryption. So unless you have either a Uniden SDS100 or Whistler 1080, 1095, TRX1 or 2 you're going to hear a lot of garbledegook and an occasional clear transmission. And definitely do not program these in a Unication G4 or G5 because those will hijack your P25 transmissions with noise. Now is Galloway EMS running full time on EMS2 encrypted?

joelincoln

So EHT PD TGID 15101 and Linwood PD TGID 5101 both run mixed mode encryption. So unless you have either a Uniden SDS100 or Whistler 1080, 1095, TRX1 or 2 you're going to hear a lot of garbledegook and an occasional clear transmission. And definitely do not program these in a Unication G4 or G5 because those will hijack your P25 transmissions with noise. Now is Galloway EMS running full time on EMS2 encrypted?

I've also heard PD clear transmissions on Ventnor, Hammonton, and even Atlantic City. What's the story on mixed mode encryption? Why do it?

W2SJW

Database Admin
I've adjusted the encryption tag on those towns you guys just mentioned to 'partial'. Please report any others that you come across.

Thanks!

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Scott,

Not sure if that is a good idea because it could be just older radios that may have been mis-programmed. Probably should wait for confirmation that the encryption is actually selectable from the subscriber radio or console.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Hi Scott,

Not sure if that is a good idea because it could be just older radios that may have been mis-programmed. Probably should wait for confirmation that the encryption is actually selectable from the subscriber radio or console.
OK, change un-done.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I could probably answer the question now at least for ACPD being unencrypted. Talkgroup 14101 is Their PD 2 and is strapped unencrypted. Their PD 1 is talk group 14102 and is strapped encrypted. 14102 is their primary talk group. That is why 14101 was heard in the clear.

joelincoln

fully unencrypted for PD2 so change TE to T for 14101 Unfortunately the remaining ACPD talk groups in the 141XX range are strapped E

Joe, Great info, thanks.

Do you know why they unencrypted that one group?..... seems odd.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Oh Scott, also the Tag should be flipped since 14102 is their primary channel. 14102 should be Law Dispatch and 14101 should be Law Tac

Whoops! Missed that!

Also, FWIW, the new XL-series radios they are using are pretty freakin' sweet looking (and that's coming from a Moto fanboy!):
ZdqgXsE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.