Whistler @ the CES 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Now that you mentioned it the amber backlight base unit is probably more like a PSR-400 with a new face? My 410 has the white display. I guess we will have to wait and see what's in the box when someone buys one? Only other difference from the photo I can tell is the f1 f2 f3 buttons are red. I'm wondering if Whistler is contacting Starsoft for programing?

Could it possibly be a 600? It does say digital trunking on it. The 410 didn't. I used to have one of those.
Larry

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Could it possibly be a 600? It does say digital trunking on it. The 410 didn't. I used to have one of those.
Larry

You just made me look at my 410 again, yes sir it does in fact look more like a 600. They did tell my friend there were two higher end versions they did not bring to the show, perhaps we will see the 800 and possibly the 900? Just speculation.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Now that you mentioned it the amber backlight base unit is probably more like a PSR-400 with a new face? My 410 has the white display.
I am hoping s model they'll come out with soon is what I call the '510. Basically the 500 with the display of the 310. Nicer display and bright white backlight (on a digital scanner).

Michael-SATX

Whistler branded copies off the RS Pro-197(Base), Pro-106 (HH) (both Digital Trunking) on the top shelf.
Next down on the middle shelf are Whistler copies of the RS Pro-404 (HH) and the RS Pro-405 (Base).
Now it would be GREat if all the old programs still interface with these versions like Starrsofts WIN500, etc.
I'll bet the 2 digital models might even clone with the GRE PSR-500/600 and the RS Pro-106/197 cousins :)

Psst ~ Dr. did you see that guy in a wig, pipe and glasses anywhere ? I say "U-Needens" to find him ;)

SquierStrat

im disappointed they went with the 106 design and not the 500s. The speaker on the top works much better for me while driving, since my handhelds spend most of their time in a cup holder. I suppose this way will be cheaper for them to make their whistler scanner, and the radio shack scanner too

Now i cant wait to see if these radios are overly sensitive, have a constant hiss sound, and if their psr800 equivalent has extremely quiet audio, just like the GREs, or if they somehow fixed all of that.

Last edited:

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Whistler version of the PSR-900. We need competiton to match and beat Uniden's high end offerings (BCD436HP/536HP) - which are not as great as I hoped.

I do like the look of that upgraded Pro-197 although I wish it had the white display as used in the PSR-410.

Last edited:

pgnsucks

It will be interesting to see what they come up with I just reprogrammed a 500 today for APCO.

I have to say the decoding and speaker are a lot better than another brand I have here. I'm not going to get rid of anything they all have there pro's n con's. It's just the GRE sounds so great with just default settings.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Those GRE PSR 600 radios are a fine specimen. The digital decoding is the best out on the market so far. Will have to wait to see how the BCD436 and the 536HP models do. Solid units. The display screen is way outdated and small but the digital decode is awesome.

Would love to see the PSR900 show up and spark some interest soon

savage308

hearing the radio while in a coat pocket is impossible with the speaker on the bottom like that , atleast my psr 500 has the speaker on top and is audible, now if one could find a speaker mic combo that would plug into the earphone jack on the 500 would be nice,

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the pics. We are getting closer.

Haven't been this excited since my GF, an artist, made our Christmas ornaments out of cocaine.

SquierStrat

also interested to see what theyll charge for these, considering theyre by no means "new models" and have been out for SEVERAL years.. Psr500s were going for about $350-400 brand new towards their end. uniden has released prices, so i dont see why whistler cant. it would only help them; especially if theyre cheaper then the new unidens..

Status
Not open for further replies.