Whistler TRX-1 Password Locked and Wont Connect to PC

scifidad007

VE3EB
Premium Subscriber
I am doing an estate sale and came across a TRX-1 amongst other Scanners and Rx type radios. No manual, Cables, or chargers have been located etc. It is of course password locked. I tried the Whistler Software approach as noted here on RR to remove the password using both a Win10 and 11 PCs, nada. The radio connects to a USB port, the PC sees the SD Micro card but the program does not see the radio. I have prepared a new SD card and I get Error 00000002. I did not see a master reset in the manual, that said I have not read it cover to cover. Anyone have a resolve for this or is this radio now a paperweight?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have prepared a new SD card and I get Error 00000002.

What size/type SD Card are you using? Whistler is picky, it likes smaller older cards, so if you are using a larger fast U1/U2 card that could be causing the issue. Have you tried making sure the FW and DSD are up to date through EZ Scan?

Try reading through this thread for other info...

scifidad007

VE3EB
Premium Subscriber
What size/type SD Card are you using? Whistler is picky, it likes smaller older cards, so if you are using a larger fast U1/U2 card that could be causing the issue. Have you tried making sure the FW and DSD are up to date through EZ Scan?

Try reading through this thread for other info...
Thank you for the reply. The PC wont talk to radio to do any upgrades. I will look at the card size, came to me with an 8G, mine are usually 32G.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. The PC wont talk to radio to do any upgrades. I will look at the card size, came to me with an 8G, mine are usually 32G.
Only other suggestion I have is download the driver off the Whistler download page and re-install it, make sure scanner is identified in Device Manager as a TRX.

1.PNG

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
On problematic scanners not able to read into a pc what always works is pop out the sd card, put it in an sd card adapter, put it in the computer and run the ezscan software, it will show up as a new drive.
From their you can copy it into the software and remove the password. Or reformat it and and use the software to prepare SD card for use.
Also very good idea is to update the database for it and check for a firmware update.

Download TRX-1Install software, install it and run. TRX-1 Scanner Downloads

See also TRX-1 help

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Try another known good cable and or USB port, but as mentioned above, get a card reader to copy configurations, it is more reliable and 10 times faster. The comport driver is not used for copying configurations. it is used for setting the clock via a pc and for CPU firmware upgrades.

scifidad007

VE3EB
Premium Subscriber
Actually All good. Handed it off to a fellow Scanner/Ham geek, he got into it, updated it and bought it from the Estate.
Thank you for the reply though.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
While the OP has fixed the issue, the SD card size issue was something I ran into with another type of device (what it was escapes me at the moment) but I was able to get around it by reformatting the SD card from exFAT to FAT