Yaesu: Wires X Transceiver Not Connected

Gsxrgrizz

Suddenly, I’m having an issue with my setup and can’t figure out for the life of me how to fix it. I have a Wires X node/room and am running an HRI 200 with a Yaesu FTM 300 as the transceiver.

Everything was up and running great for several months until my son unplugged the HRI 200’s USB so he could charge his phone. Now I can’t get anything to run again. I’ve tried every USB port and re-starting the HRI with no success. I keep getting an error message in the bottom right corner in red saying “Transceiver Not Connect.” When I try to access the “connect” drop-down by “file” it’s all greyed out with a check mark beside the GM option. I also have a big red button on the top right stating everything is locked……PLEASE HELP, I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!

MStep

Suddenly, I’m having an issue with my setup and can’t figure out for the life of me how to fix it. I have a Wires X node/room and am running an HRI 200 with a Yaesu FTM 300 as the transceiver.

Everything was up and running great for several months until my son unplugged the HRI 200’s USB so he could charge his phone. Now I can’t get anything to run again. I’ve tried every USB port and re-starting the HRI with no success. I keep getting an error message in the bottom right corner in red saying “Transceiver Not Connect.” When I try to access the “connect” drop-down by “file” it’s all greyed out with a check mark beside the GM option. I also have a big red button on the top right stating everything is locked……PLEASE HELP, I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!
Not sure if you are running your configurations through a computer system, but I would temporarioly disable all virus protection and firewalls with the necessary cautions and see if you can establish a connection.

Gsxrgrizz

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but, unfortunately, it did not work.

To answer your question, I am running an FTM 300 into an HRI200 then it’s connected via USB to a desktop computer. When I look at the device manager I can see the HRI 200 on port 9 but the issue seems to be between the HRI and the FTM. The Wires X software says the transceiver is not connected.

I’ve tried to re-load the prolific drivers, re-boot the computer/Wires X, put the FTM back to factory….I’m lost! One question I do have is, when you put your transceiver into Wires X mode, will it come off the “Wires X” splash screen and show the frequency or just it just co Stanton show “Wires X” on your radio screen. This is all I am getting but am not sure if it’s the radio, the cable or the fact the Wires software interface is not seeing the transceiver. Anyone else have any suggestions??? I’m ready to give up 😞

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Between the PC and the HRI200 the usb cable should supply power to the HRI200 and the green light should be lit. A DIN cable links the HRI200 to the FTM300. Use the RADIO 1 connector of the HRI200. The radio will boot up and say Wires-X then switch to a display with the frequency and "HRI-200". You don't mention the DIN cable between the HRI200 and the radio. All devices should have latest software/firmware. If you reset them, you will need to update again. You need to give us more info. The FTM300 can connect to Yaesu Fusion without the HRI200 using a cable with the DIN connector and a usb connector which Yaesu makes. What is your node number? I can try to connect to you.

Gsxrgrizz

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

To answer your questions……

1. My node is 75823

2. The USB cable from my computer to the HRI 200 does supply the power and is connected with a green light. When I go into the device manager, I can see the HR I200 on port 9. There is also a DIN cable running from the HRI 200 (radio 1 port) to the FTM 300.

3. When I boot up the radio I get the Wires-X screen but it stays there permanently. It does not switch to the frequency and the HRI 200 screen.

4. I have reloaded the prolific drivers to the latest version but it did not fix the issue either.

With reference to the DIN to USB cable you mentioned to direct connect the FTM 300 to System Fusion, I assume one end goes in the FTM 300 and the other I to the USB port of my computer. From there the Wires-X software should recognize the radio? Essentially I am just cutting the HRI 200 out of the loop?

Thanks again, I look forward to your reply!

Gsxrgrizz

Between the PC and the HRI200 the usb cable should supply power to the HRI200 and the green light should be lit. A DIN cable links the HRI200 to the FTM300. Use the RADIO 1 connector of the HRI200. The radio will boot up and say Wires-X then switch to a display with the frequency and "HRI-200". You don't mention the DIN cable between the HRI200 and the radio. All devices should have latest software/firmware. If you reset them, you will need to update again. You need to give us more info. The FTM300 can connect to Yaesu Fusion without the HRI200 using a cable with the DIN connector and a usb connector which Yaesu makes. What is your node number? I can try to connect to you.
We’re you able to connect to my node?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I cannot connect to 75823.

Have you installed the latest firmware on the FTM-300? If you did a factory reset you will need to do this otherwise the digital mode may not work and the HRI-200 won't work.

Gsxrgrizz

The room number is 85823 if that helps. As for the firmware, I was unaware it needed to be or could be upgraded as well. That said, it worked out of the box several months ago when I purchased it from the factory

KN4VZR

Premium Subscriber
Did you get a slotution for you issue? I have the same problem with my FTM-100DR radio. Just comes up to the YAESU WIRE-X screen on the radio display and Radio Not Connect on the bottom left of the WIres-X software.

Gsxrgrizz

I’ve not solved this issue yet but I’ve been out of town since the beginning of July and have not been able to work on it. That said, I called Yaesu and finally got a live voice who thinks something got fried on my radio when the USB was unplugged. I’m hoping not but I’ll be able to check it out in early to mid September when I get home

KN4VZR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Yes. I suspect that's what's going on with my FTM100DR as well. It won't allow me to update the firmware either either, so it doesn't seem to be able to talk to the computer at all.

Wcreacy

It sounds like it's acting as if the cable between the radio and the hri200 is not connected meaning the cable is not connected right or the cable is bad

vy2nx

I could not get my hri-200 to talk to my repeater dr-1. Updated the firmware on the dr-1 and all is well.

n9upc

Did this get resolved for you?

ZF1PB

same issue here, any updates? please