RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 10:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo14 View Post
First I shut down the scanner when the scanner is powered down til I see the clock. Second I go to the Drive of the card and I right hand click and go to remove and the screen on the bottom shows it is safe to remove. And it won't go away. I use Win7. I have to shut down the computer to unplug the usb cord.
When it says it's safe to remove, it's safe to remove...period. Just unplug it and you'll be good.

[/end of getting off topic...sorry about that]
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
First I shut down the scanner when the scanner is powered down til I see the clock. Second I go to the Drive of the card and I right hand click and go to remove and the screen on the bottom shows it is safe to remove. And it won't go away. I use Win7. I have to shut down the computer to unplug the usb cord.
The process is different with Uniden scanners. You do not turn the scanner off, in fact it must remain on otherwise the computer will not see the microSD card at all. You plug the USB cable in, upload the programming from Sentinel, then unplug the USB cable when it's done. The scanner automatically cycles power when the USB cable is removed. You don't need to do any "safe removal" or any of that nonsense, just unplug it and you're done.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:58 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
The process is different with Uniden scanners. You do not turn the scanner off, in fact it must remain on otherwise the computer will not see the microSD card at all. You plug the USB cable in, upload the programming from Sentinel, then unplug the USB cable when it's done. The scanner automatically cycles power when the USB cable is removed. You don't need to do any "safe removal" or any of that nonsense, just unplug it and you're done.
1. Cool.

2. On the New Unidens can you control the volume up/down for each channel like the 396xt?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:04 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
1. Cool.

2. On the New Unidens can you control the volume up/down for each channel like the 396xt?
You can set a "Volume Offset" from -3 to +3 on a per channel basis in Sentinel.
Old 12-01-2013, 2:01 AM

Okay. On some scanners when you are searching different bands, you cannot change the Modulation settings. Say for instance in the CB band, the factory setting would be AM, well at least in this country it would be. But lets says you want to change that to NFM or WFM, can you do this wit the BCD436HP? Now I just picked the CB band for an example but this could apply to any band like changing WFM in the 88.7 to 107.9 band to NFM.. I was wondering if anybody knows this. Happy Thanksgiving.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2013, 2:13 AM

I wondering if the original post was accidentally erased. Anyways here goes again.
Can one change the factory settings in the BCD436HP when searching? Say for instance one is searching in the CB Band for example. Well as we all know this band is AM here in the States. Now say for instance that one would rather search in NFM or WFM mode can this be done with the BCD436HP? Also since some people would much rather use SSB mode when talking on 11 Meters, will this scanner decode both lower and upper side bands and what about independent side band?
Another question. Will this scanner decode AMCSSB or Amplitude Companded Sideband?
I thought that some areas of the country use this mode in the 220 band. Also what is the word on MotoTRBO and NXDN? Any word on the BCD436HP decoding these? Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 12-01-2013, 3:13 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Why do we have to pre-order the scanner. Will they sell out on the frist production run?
Old 12-01-2013, 6:54 AM

As to the location of the SD card in the battery compartment, is their protection for the SD card should a battery corrode ?
Old 12-01-2013, 8:09 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

1) You can change the demodulation method during a search.
2) You can also change the default demodulation for each band.
3) No SSB.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2013, 8:47 AM

Cool Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
1) You can change the demodulation method during a search.
2) You can also change the default demodulation for each band.
3) No SSB.
Hello Mr. UPMan,
Thanks for answering. Appreciate it. Too bad that there is no SSB that would of had made the 11 Meter band better to listen to. Hopefully this can be accomplished through: 1. A firmware upgrade. 2. Something to incorporate into a new/future scanner. Once again thanks for answering.
Old 12-01-2013, 9:16 AM

I am familiar on how to set up VFolders in the PRO 106. Does the BCD436HP have something similar?
For instance I say I want to set up a folder for listening @ work and another for home. Is this possible?
Old 12-01-2013, 9:25 AM

Cool Modualtion Choices And Frequency Spacing - - User Setting Question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJurekMrJerry View Post
Hello Mr. UPMan,
Thanks for answering. Appreciate it. Too bad that there is no SSB that would of had made the 11 Meter band better to listen to. Hopefully this can be accomplished through: 1. A firmware upgrade. 2. Something to incorporate into a new/future scanner. Once again thanks for answering.
Should of asked this when I asked the previous question but can the factory default search frequency spacings be set like the user wants?

Say for instance the factory default would be 12.5 Can this be set so that the scanner can search in
6.25 Can the modulation for a specific frequency be set when entering the frequency for scanning and also the frequency spacing?
Old 12-01-2013, 9:37 AM
Banned for duplicate accounts

Quote:
I am familiar on how to set up VFolders in the PRO 106. Does the BCD436HP have something similar?
For instance I say I want to set up a folder for listening @ work and another for home. Is this possible?
Create a Favorite for home and one for work.
Old 12-01-2013, 9:44 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scantime View Post
Create a Favorite for home and one for work.
Okay. So Uniden does do something similar, right?
Old 12-01-2013, 9:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2VDE View Post
Why do we have to pre-order the scanner. Will they sell out on the frist production run?
No one said you had to pre-order. That's for those that want one shipped as soon as they are available.
Old 12-01-2013, 9:56 AM

Smile TDMA Vs. X2-TDMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
If by "regular TDMA" you mean P25 Phase II then the answer is yes.

If you're talking about any of the several other types of TDMA, no.

Oh, and the difference between X2 and P25 Phase II? Different digital formats. (like WAV vs MP3)

Joe M.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the answer. Yes that is correct - Phase 2. I was not aware that there are other forms of TDMA.

I thought that TDMA was just TDMA and then Ohio starts to use X2-TDMA. Well there are no talkgroups in the Database listed as X2-TDMA for Ohio as of yet but I am sure there will be in the future. Once again, thanks for the answer.
Old 12-01-2013, 9:57 PM

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know if this unit has a 'Discriminator' out put ? And if not, Which U-Chip and pin to target for a tap?
I can mod and add the rest.

Thanks

Jim
Old 12-02-2013, 12:31 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the answer. Yes that is correct - Phase 2. I was not aware that there are other forms of TDMA.

I thought that TDMA was just TDMA and then Ohio starts to use X2-TDMA. Well there are no talkgroups in the Database listed as X2-TDMA for Ohio as of yet but I am sure there will be in the future. Once again, thanks for the answer.
X2-TDMA is Motorola's flavor of TDMA, a precursor to the final Phase II TDMA standard. At some point the Motorola X2-TDMA systems should be fully converted to the official P25 Phase II TDMA standard.
Old 12-02-2013, 2:10 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
X2-TDMA is Motorola's flavor of TDMA, a precursor to the final Phase II TDMA standard. At some point the Motorola X2-TDMA systems should be fully converted to the official P25 Phase II TDMA standard.
Okay. Thanks. That I was not aware of at all. I was under the impression that they were two totally different systems. I thought that once a system was X2-TDMA that was what it was. I was not aware that this was a temporary solution. Thank you.
Old 12-02-2013, 3:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thank you UPman and Uniden!!! Looks and sounds like a amazing radio!!! I very pleased to see ANYBODY continue to make scanners.
Uniden 536HP

Tags
bcd436hp, bcd536hp