Private Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsilva23

I would like to set up a private feed using RR. It looks like that was offered as part of a premium subscription. I can't seem to find out how to sign up and then set my feed to private. Any help would be appreciated.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
You don't need radio reference or broadcastify to set up a private feed. If you're just wanting to listen to your own radio you can download and setup ScannerCast (among other programs). What exactly are you looking to do?

Suavechef

I have a private feed setup with RadioFeed as my client. I just port forward out and it is accessible for my private use outside my network at home.

jsilva23

I basically want to record a scanner feed and be able to broadcast it to people I give access to. Can I do this with scannercast?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you're just wanting a feed to stream then yeah scannercast will work fine. If you're wanting it to stream on a mobile device and you don't want the constant hum of noise when there is no scanner traffic you can set it up using a walkie talkie app. I wrote a short how to on this thread covering that. http://forums.radioreference.com/st...dio-recording/316470-help-new-guy-please.html Either setup is easy to do. I just didn't like the constant noise in the background whole streaming on my phone so I set mine up with zello. Don't forget to forward your ports if you go the scannercast route.

jsilva23

If you're just wanting a feed to stream then yeah scannercast will work fine. If you're wanting it to stream on a mobile device and you don't want the constant hum of noise when there is no scanner traffic you can set it up using a walkie talkie app. I wrote a short how to on this thread covering that. http://forums.radioreference.com/st...dio-recording/316470-help-new-guy-please.html Either setup is easy to do. I just didn't like the constant noise in the background whole streaming on my phone so I set mine up with zello. Don't forget to forward your ports if you go the scannercast route.

Thanks!!

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber

I set up a scanner feed using Zello, and listen to via my cell when I am out and about. It will work thru a Bluetooth for privacy.

I turn it on as I need it. I am working on making it a permanent feed.

Here is a post from a couple years back that tells you how to do it.

It took me 5 minutes with the right homemade cable.

http://forums.radioreference.com/st...audio-recording/273859-zello-stream-feed.html

Good luck!

richtidd

Database Admin
I would like to set up a private feed using RR. It looks like that was offered as part of a premium subscription. I can't seem to find out how to sign up and then set my feed to private. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE

We don't do private feeds as you are asking for.

You can do that your self by broadcasting what you want & then connecting directly to your feed.

pearock1

I would like to simply just broadcast my scanner feed from my home and be able to access it from my iphone and also be able to let only me and my family and friends to access it. I already provide a feed but i wnt to be able to listen to all the channels without a TOS violation.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Use radiofeed to provide the feed.And the scanner radio app to listen to it.Just add your feed into the custom feed section. That's what I do.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

fredva

Feed Provider
I would like to simply just broadcast my scanner feed from my home and be able to access it from my iphone and also be able to let only me and my family and friends to access it. I already provide a feed but i wnt to be able to listen to all the channels without a TOS violation.

Ok...did you look at the suggestions on how to do that above?

I've used RadioFeed in the past for streaming a regular feed. I know you can set it up to stream directly from your computer instead of through RadioReference and you can make the stream password-protected so only people you give the password to will be able to listen.

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
If you already have RadioFeed installed, the next step is to enable port forwarding on your router. To do this, login into your IP Address on your computer and under your router settings, enable a port. Theres directions on this through google. Then what ever port you open needs to be inputted on RadioFeed under the webserver tab. Once you start your feed you should be able to type in your local IP address on any device connected to your local wifi and it should load your feed. You can also add a password of your choice. To connect remotley from away from home you can type in the remote IP under the radiofeed webserver tab displayed

pearock1

Thanks everyone for all your help. I finally got it to work locally and with my external ip. Now i am trying to figure out how to use my feed with my free NO-IP dns i signed up for. So if my external ip changes i can log on to my server. Having some trouble with this. Any suggestions?

adymoe

Premium Subscriber
I had the same issue with my external IP constantly changing. I use DynDns rather than NO-IP but DynDns has a program called DynUpdater. It automatically updates my external IP to my url (I have a custom url I paid $30/year for). Let me know if you need more clarity

pearock1

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /UI on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That's the error i get when using my dns name instead of the actual external ip. I have their dns auto updater running and everything seems to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.