DEEP radio codes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
I realize that DEEP has begun switching over to and has been using the CSP radio codes. However, DEEP also still uses a few of their own radio codes as well. I’m looking for their current radio code list as presently used by them that specifically includes the following:

Signal 49
Signal 98
Signal 100

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

oneworld

07- Check prior record F&G
08- Check prior record criminal
10- Accident
11- Fatality - any type
12- Motor vehicle stop
13- Item/package
14- On the air-available
16- Telephone call
20- Repeat
25- Wants/warrants
29- Location
32- Meet/report to
35- On duty/general patrol
36- License check (Op/MV/Boat)
37- MV/Op License suspension check
45- Home officer
48- Off the air at ____
49- Off duty/end of shift
50- Message
70- Phone home
82- Illegal deer hunt/kill
85- Jacklighting
99- Nuclear alert/drill
100- ?

csp662

Premium Subscriber
Signal 100 means they are using their vehicle for personal use.

QDP2012

This information seems like it could be a candidate for the RR Wiki. What does the abbreviation "DEEP" stand for? ... Dept of Energy and Environmental Protection?

Is this the matching DB page: Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection?

EDIT: It looks like I found the answer to my question, the DEEP abbreviation is used on that DB page. The above brevity code information has been added to the matching Wiki page. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT). Please feel free to update it as needed. -- Hope this helps and Thanks for sharing,

Thanks,

Last edited:

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
DEEP PD's Signal 100 is to notify dispatch they're on the air and using their issued vehicle for personal usage.

sefrischling

DEEP is in fact Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, until very recently they were known as EnCon Police, Environmental Conservation Police.

KB1JHU

DEEP is in fact Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, until very recently they were known as EnCon Police, Environmental Conservation Police.

They still are the Environmental Conservation Police. DEEP is the overall agency and EnCon Police is they law enforcement division within DEEP.

sefrischling

While they are still The State Environmental Conservation Police, the agency no longer has EnCon on their cruisers and reportedly their patch will change in the next year or so. The CT State Police radio system no longer says EnCon East, EnCon West, EnCon Marine, EnCon HazMat, it now says DEEP East, DEEP West, DEEN Marine, DEEP HazMat. Radio requests for them are now only DEEP not EnCon.

KB1JHU

While they are still The State Environmental Conservation Police, the agency no longer has EnCon on their cruisers and reportedly their patch will change in the next year or so. The CT State Police radio system no longer says EnCon East, EnCon West, EnCon Marine, EnCon HazMat, it now says DEEP East, DEEP West, DEEN Marine, DEEP HazMat. Radio requests for them are now only DEEP not EnCon.

They only ever had a handful of marked vehicles and those were typically used by the seasonal officers and new hires.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Most were assigned standard grey Expeditions tacked onto the CSP vehicle orders. Of course other colors popped up here and there. The bars still had the backlit DEP logo and a couple of extra antenna's.

Ford and Chey only produce a certain amount of fleet SUV's and sometimes you can only get so much of one color. Ford is better at supply than Chevy, but chevy does produce quite a bit.

Its a better profit margin to sell 70k tahoes than ones that cost 40k to agencies and only so much time on a production run...

sefrischling

The vast majority of DEEP Officers near where I live, and I have a large State Park a mile up the road, and near the Marine HQ, are in Chevy pick ups. Many used to be in Ford F-250 pick ups. The only Expeditions tend to be with the few K9 officers. Off hand I know of one DEEP cop with an Expedition and 9 with Chevy Pickups. I know of no other vehicle types presently in service in the eastern end of the Marine District.

Rocky Neck and the DEEP HQ had EnCon logos on quick a few Ford Escapes, and almost exclusively on Escapes. The Escapes are now all but gone. The Escapes were in use year round in the eastern side of the Marine District.

Status
Not open for further replies.