Forums Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt93

Just a little question that keeps bugging me. I notice that there are many forums, database, wiki administrators around. How are those people chosen to become an administrator? Just wondering.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Forums Moderators are selected by either the Webmaster or our Forums Admin, wayne_h. Generally they will contact members they think would make good Moderators. Also, current Moderators/Database Admins can recommended someone.

Database Admins are selected by either the Webmaster, or,ericcarlson, our lead DB Admin. DB Admins are usually contacted and chosen based upon their knowledge of a certain area or, as above, they can be recommended by current Admins. The Wiki Admins are chosen by either the Webmaster, or, our Wiki Admin ka3jjz.

You could also try contacting any of the above people and ask. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
At the moment we have a sufficient number of moderators. With the 4.0 roll-out several more were added and some existing upgraded.

You can always try your luck with the DB Admin side. I'm sure if you contributed useful data on a regular basis for your area and represented a responsible, helpful person on the forums you could eventually make it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.