• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom IC-F50V BIIS programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reillocsw

Does anyone have any experience programming Icom radios for BIIS? I have a couple of Icom IC-F50V that I am trying to set up to use BIIS and I can't get them to talk to each other. Icom USA apparently does not support BIIS so they really aren't any help.

I have assigned each radio a unique OWN ID in the CS-F50V software and built a CALL LIST that contains both radio IDs.

The channels are set for MSK signaling, but I don't know what to put under the MSK options (RPT ID, STN ID, Receive ID) and I don't now if there are any other options I need to set.

Can anyone help?

rapidcharger

Does anyone have any experience programming Icom radios for BIIS? I have a couple of Icom IC-F50V that I am trying to set up to use BIIS and I can't get them to talk to each other. Icom USA apparently does not support BIIS so they really aren't any help.

I have assigned each radio a unique OWN ID in the CS-F50V software and built a CALL LIST that contains both radio IDs.

The channels are set for MSK signaling, but I don't know what to put under the MSK options (RPT ID, STN ID, Receive ID) and I don't now if there are any other options I need to set.

Can anyone help?

What are you trying to do with it?
Status messaging or PTTID or Selective calling? Or all of the above?

I'm going by a somewhat foggy memory here so bear with me.

In the channel/memory menu where you list the freqs, that is where you will see the rpt and stn id. That references the lists under the MSK menu. (It sounds like you already set that part up)

REceive ID refers to the group list menu and you really would only want to set that up if you want to use group calling for specific stations.

RPT ID is when you want to use BIIS instead of CTCSS. For obvious reasons, you probably don't want to do that so I would leave that blank.

STN ID is what will ID your specific radio with the ID number you tell it to in the list. Again, the drop down menu next to the channels refers to the list under the ID/MSK menu.

Does that help get you off the ground?

Last edited:

reillocsw

Yes that was helpful, thank you.

Mainly I am trying to do PTT ID and trying to send GPS data from one radio to the other (which will be connected to a computer). I pretty much already have the GPS stream working I just haven't been able to get the radios to really talk to each other on voice.

So I can leave the Receive ID blank if I don't want to use selective calling? That's probably where I am going wrong.

reillocsw

I think I have it figured out now. It looks like I had both the DPL and MSK signaling turned on and only needed the MSK signaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.