R30 R30 programming issues; help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Just received my new R30. I purchased both the Butel software and the RT systems software. I can't do anything with either one.

1. The RT Systems software doesn't see the radio. I keep getting a message to check that the USB cable is securely plugged in. It is. Also there seems to be no way to choose a COM port.

2. The Butel software; When I tried to import a file, it erases the contents of the .CSV file and tells me that there's no data found. I used the Butel software to export all the data from the memory banks into .csv files, but I can't figure out how to get it into the radio. I already filled out the memories lists and banks, why can't I just program that into the radio?

Hit_Factor

Menu, function, usb connect serial
That's for Rt Systems.

For butel you use the other mode.

Export the csv to sd card on the r30.
Then mount r30 on computer.
Use butel.
Dismount
Import edited csv.

Or leave in connect serial mode. Move sd card to/ from computer.

Since you have RT Systems you probably won't want to use butel.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I figured out that you have to use SD Card mode with Butel, and serial mode with RT Systems. I got RT Systems to work, Butel is still giving me issues, as when I try to import the csv file, it erases the data in it, and then reports "no data found". But as long as RT Systems works....

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Why am I unable to save any data to the SD card? I am following the instructions on page 2-6 of the advanced manual.
When I select <New File> and press enter, I get this message:

"4 devices are paired. Delete at least 1 paired device before pairing a new one."

Well, I have bluetooth turned off, and I haven't paired any devices. Even so, what does this have to do with saving programming data to the SD card? Is there some other way to do it?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Why am I unable to save any data to the SD card? I am following the instructions on page 2-6 of the advanced manual.
When I select <New File> and press enter, I get this message:

"4 devices are paired. Delete at least 1 paired device before pairing a new one."

Well, I have bluetooth turned off, and I haven't paired any devices. Even so, what does this have to do with saving programming data to the SD card? Is there some other way to do it?

I've seen the exact or very similar message and more than once. I've never quite figured it out as like you, the first time I saw it, bluetooth was turned off and I had zero paired devices then or in the past.
To fix this in the past, I just power cycled my R30. On another occurrence, I just tried the save operation a 2nd time and it usually works.

Hit_Factor

After you export from the r30 to the csv, open the csv with excel or some other program just to see if it has what you think it should in it.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

bluesti

I also had a problem programming my R30. The error messages Ft_Setlatencytimer is not valid and the other "Please check blah blah..... Cable is... Usb port"..
I did manage to import some data from my SDS100, but it was quite time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.