library import
select import type - preffered
select state/province - New Jersey
data type counties/cities
next
counties/cities -Essex
trunked systems
next
it shows up as the third system from the top.

______________________________________________________________________________________
When I look for the system in Uniden sentinel software.
I cannot find it .

Is it there and I am just missing it ?

______________________________________________________________________________________
system as shown in database

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8464

*******************************************************************************************************
System is active .

Last edited:

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Was able to import system using ARC 536 Butel software.

Interesting .

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
"LTR Net" may not be recognized as a supported system on uniden scanners, could be why it's not in the Sentinel DB.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense It should just read LTR .

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
LTR

Yeah, Technically it should be LTR Standard to be compatible.

Curious,

Does your Uniden radio pick up anything on the system using the ARC import method?

Does it receive as a standard LTR system?

If it does, perhaps having the system type in the DB updated by an admin is a possibility..

W2SJW

Database Admin
This IS an LTR Net system, not a standard LTR.

We don't modify the database due to shortcomings of a specific manufacturer's models.

This is a Uniden issue, not an RRDB issue.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
This IS an LTR Net system, not a standard LTR.

We don't modify the database due to shortcomings of a specific manufacturer's models.

This is a Uniden issue, not an RRDB issue.

This is a reply I received .

The system type is accurate and correct as listed. This is an LTR Net system, not a Standard LTR system.

If the system it not appearing in the Uniden database, than that is a Uniden problem, not an RRDB problem. We do not manipulate or massage data in order to accommodate any particular scanner brand or model.

You have the option of manually adding this system to your scanner as an LTR Standard system, which should allow it to be scanned.

That seems harsh ;

With that train of thought a member thinking of making a submission
to the database might think.

Why should I make a submission
I have the frequency info for myself.
It's the RRDB short coming that they don't have it.

Have we lost sight that the purpose of this site is to make
the radio hobby better for all.

Seems such a easy fix.

Last edited:

mciupa

You have the option of manually adding this system to your scanner as an LTR Standard system, which should allow it to be scanned.

Why the reluctance to do this suggestion? :confused:

Should we compromise the integrity of the database to make it easier by not having to do some extra key clicks?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm no where near this system, but it seems the issue is with Uniden and not Radio Reference...or am I missing something? RR has the system type correctly tagged, it's Uniden that chooses to not import it.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Uh huh, Uh huh, Uh huh..

I was (and still am) simply curious to know whether the uniden receives the system or not. PERIOD.:roll:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I have the belief that a DB Admin does have the simple ability to add informational notations to a system clarifying stuff like this. Nobody asked to have a mountain moved.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Yes the uniden scanner receives it with
No problems once programmed

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Clarification on official RR policy

All,

I've been looking over this thread, and in particular the complaints about the system in question in relation to the database entry for it.

Official RadioReference policy is that we do not alter the database to cater to, or fix a bug with, a particular scanner model.

All of the information in the database is made available to the software authors; how they use it is up to them. Software bugs, which this appears to be, need to be addressed by the software author.

Since the information in the database is correct, is properly functional in other scanner models/software, and in fact works correctly in the model in question when manually entered, it's obvious the problem lies in the way Sentinel identifies the system for the radio model in question.

Changing things in the database isn't as simple, as some have suggested, as merely changing the system type setting; there's more to it that we have to consider as administrators. On top of the fact that changing from LTR Net to LTR Standard would make the database less accurate instead of the other way around, changing the information in the database to make the radio in question work could then cause other scanner models or software to not work.

I understand your frustration, but this is a problem with the Sentinel software, not the RadioReference database; as such it's an issue that needs to be addressed by Uniden. So, the best bet is for someone to bring the bug to Uniden's attention so they can fix it. Until that fix happens, the alternative is to manually enter the system, or use an alternate software package that does work.

asnhnetwork

Just reading this and I am curious wouldn't it make more sense to have someone from RRDB forward the manufacturer of the scanner or software follow up as someone who is not as Davy would not be able to follow up with any additional and also would not know who at Uniden to contact? Not being critical but just a suggestion

asnhnetwork

I wouldn't be so sure. I see nothing in the title that should grab UP MAN 's attention a suggestion could be that maybe RRDB can make a drop box email that threads can be forwarded to correct the situation.
I am not even aware of what Atlantic Telecommunications is just putting my 2 cents in to try and make suggestions to improve this great service and make it even better. I can understand the other posters comments

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Just reading this and I am curious wouldn't it make more sense to have someone from RRDB forward the manufacturer of the scanner or software follow up as someone who is not as Davy would not be able to follow up with any additional and also would not know who at Uniden to contact? Not being critical but just a suggestion

I'm sure UPMAN (Software) scans the forums and may already be aware of the issue..
I wouldn't be so sure. I see nothing in the title that should grab UP MAN 's attention a suggestion could be that maybe RRDB can make a drop box email that threads can be forwarded to correct the situation.
I am not even aware of what Atlantic Telecommunications is just putting my 2 cents in to try and make suggestions to improve this great service and make it even better. I can understand the other posters comments

While I can understand the suggestion that someone from RadioReference should report this to Uniden, all we could do it refer them to the person who is experiencing the issue. It's actually more effective for the person experiencing the problem to do so directly, as the folks at Uniden will most likely have a variety of questions related to the problem which we could not answer.

I'll be glad to forward this thread to UPMAN's attention, but I expect he will come back with questions.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I did a little research and by searching for
LTR net systems found this is not a isolated
incident.

It appears the Uniden sentinel database
does not recognize LTR net type systems.

I have started a new thread in the Uniden software forum
so please close this thread.

Darkstar350

I confirmed most of this system and it is somewhat of a oddball system
But from what i understand its esentially a LTR standard system running on Passport equipment which some radio companies are now doing when they wish to keep their legacy LTR systems on the air
Gives the LTR systems somewhat a "modern" touch that can make way for updated features such as radio ID, GPS and whatnot
Actually this system is technically "LTR Net" i think because from what i gather LTR standard systems are generally single site or single site simulcast whereas LTR Net systems have multiple sites with talkgroups that may "roam" among the sites which is exactly the deal with the system in question
With my Uniden 996xt i programmed it in as a regular LTR system and just put the multiple sites in and i receive it just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.