Albny County P-25 Talkgroup Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Just noticed some updates and changes to talk groups on the system which I've been trying to follow and keep updated on my radios. I also noticed that some talk groups were also removed and wondered why?

Take Bethlehem for example. I can see the more recent two "DE" talk groups for PD and EMS. But I also notice that the ones listed below were no longer there:
Beth "Mayday" - 10924
Beth Fire 1 - 10928
Beth Fire 2 - 10929

Is there anyone that might be able to shed a little light on this?

Thank you

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I don't recall those three TGID's you reference. However, I know the town has had difficulty with the new system and has had to revert to using the old VHF frequencies for fireground communications. One new TGID I've noted is 10934, which seems to be either BCS or RCS buses.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No talkgroups have recently been deleted from the Albany system in the RRDB; certainly not since February, as evidenced by the changelog. Perhaps you saw those talkgroups on a different website/listing and confused them for having been in the RRDB at some point.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed that some talk groups were also removed and wondered why?

To confirm: Do you mean removed from use or removed from the RadioReference database?

And if removed from use, see another user's comment about them reverting to VHF for FG. Also note that not all talk groups are carried on both metro and county cells.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany County P-25 Talkgroup Questions

Thank you all for the responses.

Makes sense about them sticking with what works as far as Bethlehem goes.

I mostly use the RR database for info. But I remembered that those additional talk groups were in an original code plug for my Unication G5 from last spring which was provided from the dealer.

I periodically check for changes to see what I may have missed!

Thank you all again.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Bethlehem Fire 1, 2 and mayday are correct. Most town Depts don't have enough portables to utilize 800MHz as primary means of communications so they patch VHF to the corresponding talkgroup (when it's in use).
10934 is RCS Schools (and transportation).

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I live in Colonie New York and I cannot monitor Troy police department.
This thread is about Albany County, New York. While Colonie, where you live, is in Albany County, Troy is in Rensselaer County. Perhaps you should check the Rensselaer County listings in the RRDB and then start a new thread asking about monitoring Troy.

Status
Not open for further replies.