Software "timeout" problem while monitoring my feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonzo57

Feed Provider
I recently started to stream my scanner traffic for my city/county of which there is both analog and digital broadcast. My problem is when I use the web-based player (WMP), or execute my own software, (WMP , Realaudio), everything "times-out" (no crash), and I have to re-connect to obtain my feed. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stay connected? I am broadcasting wirelessly using a Belkin router. Any advice will be appreciated.

Evert

Since a wireless connection can be interrupted by another router on the same frequency, microwave ovens, cell phones, and others, you may be better off using a cable connection instead of wireless.

lonzo57

Feed Provider
Thanks for your reply, Evert. Another question...Is there a way for me to monitor my scanner that is streaming without using WMP or Realaudio software? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. I am still learning "the ropes".

weeksben1

Depending on what scanner you are using, I would suggest checking out the 'wiki' section of radioreference.com. Personally I'm using WIN500 to monitor/stream traffic from my GRE PSR500 and PCRserver to monitor and stream traffic from my ICOM PCR1500. Both are great programs and very reasonably priced to register. But don't take my word on either program (I'm not the author of either program). I would see what software should work with the equipment you have and find what you like/works best for you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.