WS1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaythescanman

A client of mine purchased a WS1065, Has issues right out of the box when he programmed it with ARC 500 pro. The radio will not receive even on an active frequency or squelch unless pll is programmed, He brought me the radio. I own 4 GRE600's, one is a live feed scanner here, so im very familiar with it. I re did the program and get the same result. I tried 3 different software packages and cannot rectify the problem. I updated the firmware to 2.8, just in spite of it and it changed nothing. Static is there antenna or not, it will also not do a search as it stops on first freq. In 25 years of scanning I have never seen this. Anyone have a suggestion?

marksmith

Send it back.

Sounds like you know what you are doing. If you are out of options, it's clearly one tha got past quality control.

Mark
536HP/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT
996T/396XT(2)/PSR800/PRO668

RDGDigital

Just a thought... Have you checked to see if there is a loose connection inside the scanner? I've seen a couple of threads here on RR where members had similar problems with there new Radio Shack scanners. After much trouble shooting they decided to open it up and discovered that a wire or some component had come loose. All they had to do was reconnect the cable or re-seat the component to solve their problem. It's probably a long shot, but something to consider before sending it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.