SDRTrunk SDRTrunk No Voice With Required File In Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

So i installed JDK 8.201 and JRE 8.201 to run SDRTrunk 0.4 (because I am on a 32 bit system) I further built the jmbe 0.3.3 jar file and smacked it into the same folder as the SDRTrunk jar file. It would start but no voice. SDRTrunk detected TDMA Slots in Messages tab. Then it locks up.

Attachments

• whynnovoice.PNG
    whynnovoice.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 14

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't recommend running sdrtrunk on a 32-bit OS or a 32-bit Java VM. Windows, for example, on a 32-bit system will only allow ~2.4 GB (of 4 GB total) of ram to be allocated to applications. Limited memory and possibly limited CPU resources are causing the lockups you're seeing.

When it was running, did you see new channels appear as calls occurred, or did you simply see the TDMA channel grants in the messages log? The current release of sdrtrunk does not support P25 Phase 2 (TDMA). I'm adding that feature now, but it isn't ready for release yet.

Denny

S

simpilo

I wouldn't recommend running sdrtrunk on a 32-bit OS or a 32-bit Java VM. Windows, for example, on a 32-bit system will only allow ~2.4 GB (of 4 GB total) of ram to be allocated to applications. Limited memory and possibly limited CPU resources are causing the lockups you're seeing.

When it was running, did you see new channels appear as calls occurred, or did you simply see the TDMA channel grants in the messages log? The current release of sdrtrunk does not support P25 Phase 2 (TDMA). I'm adding that feature now, but it isn't ready for release yet.

Denny
You're excluding some that still have 32 bit systems. That's okay to run 64 bit but some of us don't have the resources to purchase 64bit computers whether it be desktop or laptop. I also add that's why I don't own a scanning radio with trunking technology as well. I feel SDRTRunk could have better optimizations or coding technique to allow for 32 bit. Yes sales are higher for 64 bit computers but that is just personal preference. They will always be around regardless of the numbers in use. A very selective niche you got going there. I hope you can reach beyond that bias and expand to both sides 32 and 64 bits. Heck Microsoft still sells 32 and 64 bit Windows 10!

As for the Message tab it decoded a lot of similar TDMA. I am typing from my memory and I can't remember exactly what it said. It also seen the band plan and that there were 2 slots per frequency at 12.5khz. It was spitting out TDMA "channels" for lack of better terms. As for another P25 Phase I system there was no audio either. I have to use two RTL-SDR dongles for these systems because they both go beyond 2.4 msps. I didnt see anyway in SDRTrunk to tell it which dongle should be Control Channel and Voice following.

(DSD+Plus Fastlane does work well for me. I wanted to se what I could do with SDRTrunk in case DSDPlus didnt cut it anymore)

20190327 231243.026 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO i.g.d.m.d.p.a.P25AudioModule - JMBE audio conversion library [JMBE Audio Conversion Library v0.3.3] successfully loaded - P25 audio will be available [16MB/23MB 71%]

Attachments

• CaptureW10-32-64.PNG
    CaptureW10-32-64.PNG
    144 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.