Hamburg PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Hamburg PD Dispatch (including Village of Hamburg and Village of Blasdell PD), migrated to NXDN, full time. utilizing what is labeled in the DB is "Public Safety Ch 3". Analog channel has been dead for at least 2 days now. I was going to hold off on submitting the old one as deprecated just yet, as "rumor mill" is that the frequency may be changing. Regardless, going NXDN has been their plan for a long time now. For probably the last month or so, they simulcasted/patched their analog channel, PS 3 and Patrol 2. Now, they are back down to one channel.

lkas

the cars come in clear but it seems like i am missing the "dispatch". Anyone else having issues with this? Like a one sided conversation

lkas

IF I set this up conventional it works great. I like to see the unit id's so i manually set it up "nxdn one freq". Using this method gives me the unit id's but can only receive the patrol units. The dispatcher does not come in. The SDS-100 shows a signal at the time the dispatcher is talking but i hear nothing.

lkas

little update... i see the patrol units are using TGID 0 and dispatch is on 65535. Hopefully this will get fixed and have them both on the same

k2hz

Database Admin
little update... i see the patrol units are using TGID 0 and dispatch is on 65535. Hopefully this will get fixed and have them both on the same
What you are seeing is probably an artifact of the scanner being programmed for trunking on a conventional system. There are no TGIDs so there is nothing to "fix".

lkas

when it is programmed via conventional directly from sentiel i put the sds100 in detail mode. It showed both talk groups as "0" and "65535". That is how i discovered the 2 tgid.

k2hz

Database Admin
Just leave the scanner in conventional and it will be fine. This is not a trunked system and it is not TDMA like DMR where a "one freq" system has 2 or more actual TGs.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
DSD was showing something similar, regardless, I wrote it off of course. Its clearly conventional, not trunked. Every now and then, I've found a few single frequency digital channels will "spit out" a TG of 1 or 65535 or something like that intermittently. I write those off as a "glitch" or "decoding issue"

lkas

the conventional works but it does not give you the unit id's which i like. I just created 2 sites for the 2 talkgroups. It jumps back and forward but it works pretty well. I setup Lackawanna PD as non-conventional and used TGID 0. That works perfect with patrol and dispatch. I though Hamburg would work the same

lkas

i have never gotten the RID to show in conventional. Erie county and amherst are P25 one freq, Lack PD is digital as well. If you load the info from sentinel as is, it loads it as conventional. The RID never show up. I have to manually set them up as a digital one freq system for them to work. I searched google and everyone has the same issue. If there is a way to fix this i am all ears.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Uniden scanners have never displayed UID/TGID when programmed as conventional, and they likely never will. This applies to P25, DMR, NXDN across the board. If you really want to see that info, you must program as "One Frequency Trunk".

Oh and despite it being called "One Frequency Trunk", you can in fact lump more than one frequency into a "Site" if the agency is the same and the IDs are shared. You do not need to create two "Sites", it takes longer to scan between them that way.

lkas

i have one site programmed with one freq but had to put in 2 departments. I named them both Hamburg and the only difference is one is TGID 0 and one is TGID 65535. Do you have a suggestion other that what i have done?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Uniden scanners have never displayed UID/TGID when programmed as conventional, and they likely never will. This applies to P25, DMR, NXDN across the board. If you really want to see that info, you must program as "One Frequency Trunk".
The Uniden x36 units will show DMR TGID and UIDs if there is nothing programmed into the name field of the conventional channel. It has to be blank. If you go into the scanner's programming, go to the channel, edit name, press the . key twice, it will ask "set default name", select yes. That channel will display the TGID and UID in conventional mode. I use this trick all the time. (And you can go into sentinel, download from the blank channel, copy the channel name field and avoid field, and paste it into other fields to blank them out too).

It works on NXDN too, but it does not work on P25.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
that trick worked. Anyway to show the unit names instead of the numeric ID?
No, because Unit IDs (aka aliases) can only be added to a trunked or one-frequency trunked system, not a conventional listing. So you can either have it display the raw IDs in conventional mode using @W1KNE's trick, or you have to setup OFT to assign aliases.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The Uniden x36 units will show DMR TGID and UIDs if there is nothing programmed into the name field of the conventional channel. It has to be blank. If you go into the scanner's programming, go to the channel, edit name, press the . key twice, it will ask "set default name", select yes. That channel will display the TGID and UID in conventional mode. I use this trick all the time. (And you can go into sentinel, download from the blank channel, copy the channel name field and avoid field, and paste it into other fields to blank them out too).

It works on NXDN too, but it does not work on P25.
This trick also works on the custom search banks too. Same way, go to Menu->Search For->Edit Custom->(select bank)->Edit Name->Double tap . key->Enter->"Set default name"->YES. Now your custom search banks will show TGs and UIDs on what it stops on. Just have to memorize which custom search bank was what. :ROFLMAO:

The SDS's solved this issue by allowing TGIDs/Slots/UIDs on their customized display pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.