Sharp County Arkansas To upgrade their radio equipment.

drbeede

Feed Provider
And I don’t think they’ll be the only ones over the next six to twelve months.
I know, it only makes sense for them to go digital, better voice quality is the number one reason, sharp county for example is in my scanner feed and has some of the worst distortions and echos and static on my feed list, I'll be glad to change that over when they make that switch, will make my feed cleaner lol. A lot of the counties around me already use digital either with their own licenses or they have started using AWIN. I just hope they don't decide to encrypt to go with that digital. (I hear Motorola has been pushing encryption as a service.)

Last edited:

wbswetnam

Cave City PD on 155.445 is licensed now for NXDN, although I don't know if they're using it or are still on analog; I don't live in the area anymore. There is no RAN value assigned to it in the RRDB. Can anyone in the area advise?

drbeede

Feed Provider
Cave City PD on 155.445 is licensed now for NXDN, although I don't know if they're using it or are still on analog; I don't live in the area anymore. There is no RAN value assigned to it in the RRDB. Can anyone in the area advise?
I can advise that it will not work as listed in the database because 155.445 is also one of the voice frequencies used by MOSWIN off the Doniphan tower site and will interfere if programmed in a scanner as listed, I get far too much traffic with it wide open just digital search, I'll have to program it in as just NXDN and continue to monitor, so far zero traffic on NXDN for Cave City, I'll continue to monitor for a few days before I give up on it, may be possible that they have not gone digital yet or that they use mainly analog, I'll do my best to figure them out.

Last edited:

drbeede

Feed Provider
Is this callsign WQSX459 ? the reason I ask is because on that license the Emissions designator 11K2F3E indicates analog only, I don't see an NXDN emission.

wbswetnam

Is this callsign WQSX459 ? the reason I ask is because on that license the Emissions designator 11K2F3E indicates analog only, I don't see an NXDN emission.
Sometime in the past, I saw that they had been licensed for NXDN, but now that emission designation is gone. OK, never mind.
Batesville Police have been licensed for both NXDN and NFM since they became an entity in 2015, but to my knowledge they have never gone digital.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Sometime in the past, I saw that they had been licensed for NXDN, but now that emission designation is gone. OK, never mind.
Batesville Police have been licensed for both NXDN and NFM since they became an entity in 2015, but to my knowledge they have never gone digital.
Idk about Batesville police, I see that they use full time encryption so it wouldn't be a thing to even try and monitor them daily, although I could program them in my Trx-2 scanner and still verify if they are only using analog or if they use both analog and digital.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Idk about Batesville police, I see that they use full time encryption so it wouldn't be a thing to even try and monitor them daily, although I could program them in my Trx-2 scanner and still verify if they are only using analog or if they use both analog and digital.

They're analog and VI scrambled.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Any updates on this?
Yes they are in testing, I have heard traffic on their Frequency NXDN although I don't think they have decided on the RAN yet because my Trx-2 scanner has displayed several different RAN for their frequency. I monitor this every day and have yet to submit info to radioreference database for this because of the different RAN in use at this time. I would rather wait and see how this evolves before I make a submission on it. They may end up using a different RAN for say EMS, Sheriff, Local, etc, I know some of the other agencies in surrounding counties do this. I do know at current time they are manily still using Analog and they may continue to do so, we will see how it all plays out in time.

Last edited:

drbeede

Feed Provider
Also, on KAIT this week Randolph County is Going to AWIN. Randolph County to revamp E911(KAIT8)
Yeah the sheriff and Promed have been on AWIN for some time now, they can be heard daily on TG 13001 this is almost as active as their main dispatch NXDN frequency 155.1975. I figure they will move most agencies over to AWIN by this summer, that seems like the direction they are going with this, all fire departments both rural and city will be transitioned over as well as EMS and maybe the city police, sounded like they were all but inviting the rural fire departments to go that way and any other agencies in the county as well if they chose to get on board, at least that is what sounded like to me from that news report.

Last edited:

drbeede

Feed Provider
On another note, staying with surrounding counties, Lawrence County seems to be using AWIN much more than they did in the past, maybe a trend that most of them will end up on AWIN versus staying with their own personal systems, one can only hope as hearing them on AWIN with the right scanner is much easier than trying to pull in that far off analog weak signal just saying.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Ok so an update on Sharp County Sheriff, they are still using Analog as main dispatch with NXDN secondary, I made a submission to the database with the RAN that they are using. 30 RAN for anyone wanting to program it in a scanner.

drbeede

Feed Provider
An update on the story about Sharp County, They are now almost full time NXDN I made a new submission to the database for an update to be made, as Follows: 155.520 30 RAN Sharp Sheriff Dispatch Primary 155.520 127.3 PL Sharp Sheriff Dispatch Analog Secondary They are also using Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Talkgroup 15601 Sharp County Emergency Services.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Also, on KAIT this week Randolph County is Going to AWIN. Randolph County to revamp E911(KAIT8)
An update to that story: Randolph County Sheriff and Pocahontas Police use AWIN as Primary Dispatch their TG's are listed in the database. You need a Phase 2 scanner to monitor the Pocahontas Police TG as it is P25 Phase 2 TDMA. They also use partial encryption so at times you may only catch part of the radio traffic for the Pocahontas Police TG.

Last edited:

drbeede

Feed Provider
An update on the story about Sharp County, They are now almost full time NXDN I made a new submission to the database for an update to be made, as Follows: 155.520 30 RAN Sharp Sheriff Dispatch Primary 155.520 127.3 PL Sharp Sheriff Dispatch Analog Secondary They are also using Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Talkgroup 15601 Sharp County Emergency Services.
Sharp fire also now using NXDN 155.925 15 RAN Countywide, for now this is low use but I'm sure it will change just like with the Sheriff.