• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera UV-380 says it is keying repeater but it is not

Have a strange issue, I have a UV-380, when I key up on a channel that I know I am out of range of I get the "outgoing call screen" even though it does not key the repeater. Other channels do not have this issue that I try to key up out of range on. How can this be fixed or is it just an issue with it being a CCR? Thanks.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
If you key up, it’s going to transmit regardless of what can receive the signal.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I don’t have experience with that radio specifically, so maybe there is something unique. Any other radio I’ve operated, if you push PTT, a signal is generated from the radio. I don’t know why this radio would be different.

mancow

Database Admin
Have a strange issue, I have a UV-380, when I key up on a channel that I know I am out of range of I get the "outgoing call screen" even though it does not key the repeater. Other channels do not have this issue that I try to key up out of range on. How can this be fixed or is it just an issue with it being a CCR? Thanks.
If it's simplex it will do that as it has no feedback from a repeater. Check your programming.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
EMSF,
Not having any experience with that radio, my suggestion is to very closely compare all the data between channels that have the issue and don't have the issue. Obviously there are differences that are needed. As you know DMR programing has check boxes and links to other parts and they are not all clear about the end result.
Good Luck!
Mike

paulears

I have a number of DMR radios and one refuses bluntly to play ball - I get the warning on transmit that the repeater is not responding. Other repeaters are fine. It seems that some respond but won't let you through, but others refuse to handshake. Other radios don't do the message, but they don't get in either.

hill

Premium Subscriber
As others have said sounds like you have the transmit frequency set wrong and could be set to same as receive (simplex). If it is set up wrong it will always transmit.

Review your programming to make sure that channel is programmed correctly.

You could post your programming file here and others could look at it. I will be at an all day event and won't be to look until tomorrow.

Going forward if you are out range of the repeater you will get a bonk when trying to transmit.

I have reviewed my programming and recreated a codeplug and I still get the same result. I notice when I put the radio into CH mode to MR mode, I notice the frequencies I have issues with have a frequency of 450.000. I suspect that could be the issue, how would I go about fixing that.

hill

Premium Subscriber
450.000 sounds like the default frequency for that channel.

It looks like you need to change the 450,000 to whatever frequency that is required for the repeater.