“Professional “ radio to use as a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Unications are only designed to monitor a single system. They do that very well, but are not suitable for general scanning due to the design of their software and firmware.

Hit_Factor

The Unications are only designed to monitor a single system. They do that very well, but are not suitable for general scanning due to the design of their software and firmware.
I agree, it's really important to know the difference between a scanner and pager.

The OP has not mentioned anything other than P25 Phase 2, so it could be a good fit. This is the only use I have for my G5.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I almost purchased a Unication G5 Pager, but after exploring its capabilities I was not impressed. The limitations between the G5 and the SDS scanners do not even compare. If one system is all you want to monitor I guess its top-notch, but doesn't come close to what the SDS scanners can do. If I worked as a first responder or firefighter or police officer, the G5 would be nice to have as an off-duty radio to listen to my agency. But, if you are scanning multiple systems and searching out TGs, etc, a scanner is the way to go. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.