1.11.20 Release Notes (11/14/2016) Adjusted digital filter to improve P25 reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

If I'm correct, you don't want to roll back further than 1.11.17, these are the upgrades for ProVoice and DMR.

Here are the most recent firmware versions and what they do.
1.11.20 Release Notes (11/14/2016)
Adjusted digital filter to improve P25 reception.
1.11.15 Release Notes (7/27/2016)

Added support for DMR systems by upgrade (DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade for details).
Fixed bug related to mixed analog/digital Motorola systems and patches
Misc. Bug fixes
Must use Sentinel 1.07.03 or later after this update

1.10.02 Release Notes (12/4/2015)

Added support for ProVoice systems by upgrade (ProVoice for details).
Added support for EDACS Extended Addressing systems
Fixed a problem with the remote "EPG" command
Automatically selects Serial Mode if USB is connected on boot-up and no key is pressed within 15 seconds.
Fixed an issue where the backlight turns off when set to Open Squelch and Reply Duration=off
Fixed an issue where the bcklight would not turn on when in the Show Scanner info screen.

IMPORTANT: You must use Sentinel version 1.06.00 or later after applying this update. Download at BCD536HP.
Tim

mitbr

Allright, here it goes. As I previously stated in the first posting on this thread, I downloaded the current firmware update. It was a disaster! 24 hours later I'm better off than before I started with the download.
Thanks to the help of many members, my problem is solved and my 436 ~ 536 is working better than ever.

First; Changed the threshold mode from auto to manual. Verified the theshold level at 8. Changed the modulation to NFM,

The scanners have not worked this well since I purchased them.

Just a reminder to everyone, this worked for a P-25 system.

Thank you to everyone involved with this thread.

Glad it worked Dave!!!
Tim

I

ilken

WOW

Thanks a lot Uniden

After updating the firmware, I started having a lot of unwanted reception
Googled a bit, looked at some K4DPS youtubes
Tried rolling back the firmware
Finally "Erased User Settings"...started over with a new profile using Sentinel
"FIXED"

Once again I have learned
*NEVER UPDATE ANYTHING*
before looking online to see if other people had problems first !

gary123

The firmware was listed as experimental. The use of this type of software is best left to experienced users as often some features are not properly integrated or may be missing entirely. It is not unusual to have to tweak settings to locate the optimal values for either the specific user or for the item being tested or worked on.

Uniden is smart in configuring the units so that they can be rolled back to a previous firmware versions.

Bucko

The firmware was listed as experimental. The use of this type of software is best left to experienced users as often some features are not properly integrated or may be missing entirely. It is not unusual to have to tweak settings to locate the optimal values for either the specific user or for the item being tested or worked on.

Uniden is smart in configuring the units so that they can be rolled back to a previous firmware versions.

It is not experimental when it is an update through Sentinel. My 536 out of service for me now, keeps bringing weird noise's.

I

ilken

QRT

I connected the scanner to Sentinel and it downloaded the update
I never saw any mention of it being experimental,
Does anyone here know where the firmware is and the procedure for rolling it back?

I downloaded the zip file posted earlier and placed the files in the firmware folder on the sd card but it did not rollback, it just booted as usual and started scanning

After some time I realized the noise is coming from the SIREN APP, not the radio itself, also noticed the siren app remote works through my home VPN and remote VPN but there is no sound. Maybe its because I use Linux and the only Windows I have are running in Oracle VM Virtualbox?

I thought I was an experienced user of both the radios and computers but I have had just so many many problems

Last edited:

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Unman, Help!

Upman, I know your out there hope you're working on a permanent fix for all these problems, brought on by the last firmware update. Please let us know!

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Unman, I know your out there hope you're working on a permanent fix for all these problems, brought on by the last firmware update. Please let us know!

Nawww...they're working on the NXDN upgrade firmware now, so they can beat Whistler to the punch. :eek:)

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Allright, here it goes. As I previously stated in the first posting on this thread, I downloaded the current firmware update. It was a disaster! 24 hours later I'm better off than before I started with the download.
Thanks to the help of many members, my problem is solved and my 436 ~ 536 is working better than ever.

First; Changed the threshold mode from auto to manual. Verified the theshold level at 8. Changed the modulation to NFM,

How do you change those settings when you are "in the field" and already have systems scanning?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nasby

So did you keep the current, most up to date firmware or did you revert back to the older version?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
So did you keep the current, most up to date firmware or did you revert back to the older version?

I'm stuck with the 1.11.20 update. I don't know how to revert back to firmware before this one. People are saying they revert back, I've asked twice, but no one answers my question how to do it!

I've called customer service today, The Tech, Mariano, said I'm the first call about this issue. He has no answers, sending this up to corporate.

Oh boy! Where's Paul Opitz?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
How do you change those settings when you are "in the field" and already have systems scanning?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You can do the Threshold Mode, Threshold Level as well as the Modulation adjustment in the field.

While scanning, press Menu> Choose channel to be modified from the favorite list> Choose edit system> Choose system> Edit System> Choose system > edit site> to Threshold Mode > change from auto to manual > back out next verify Level> Choose 8. Backout>

Change Modulation; Scanning choose Department Key> Choose Channel key > Press Function toggle channel key to NFM. > Use selector knob to toggle to each channel in the system > Blackout.

Hope I didn't miss a step, but this will get you on the correct path.

budevans

I'm stuck with the 1.11.20 update. I don't know how to revert back to firmware before this one. People are saying they revert back, I've asked twice, but no one answers my question how to do it!

I've called customer service today, The Tech, Mariano, said I'm the first call about this issue. He has no answers, sending this up to corporate.

Oh boy! Where's Paul Opitz?

First question. Do you have a copy of the previous firmware? If yes, here are the steps to reinstall it.

Connect your scanners USB cable to your PC. Select Mass Storage on your scanner. Open Windows File Explorer.
Your scanner should show up in Windows File Explorer.
Next, copy the appropriate "bin" file to the "firmware" directory that already exists on your scanner.
Finally, cycle power.

plaws

Premium Subscriber

Nope. Nothing marked "experimental" in Sentinel's update window (this is a BCD436HP, not 536).

But I haven't listened to it, either, since I updated it this morning because 1) work and 2) when I get a chance, I'm updating my CS750 because the local DMR system moved to BrandMeister and I've been poking at that. Have it on now and will see what is what. Not a whole lot of P25 receivable from work. ProVoice not receivable, but there is some DMR.

Hope this didn't screw things up. I've about had it with the BCDx36HP line. Too ambitious. The radio has been behaving well lately so probably should have expected something like this.

Ubbe

People are saying they revert back, I've asked twice, but no one answers my question how to do it!

Do as you would with anything else you would like to know or find, use google.

One of the links have this: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD536HPFirmwareUpdate/BCDx36HP_V1_11_16.zip

Another one has the 1.11.15 link: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade/DMR_Release.zip

I have found releases down to 1.11.07 but it doesn't solve my situation.

/Ubbe

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
First question. Do you have a copy of the previous firmware? If yes, here are the steps to reinstall it.

Connect your scanners USB cable to your PC. Select Mass Storage on your scanner. Open Windows File Explorer.
Your scanner should show up in Windows File Explorer.
Next, copy the appropriate "bin" file to the "firmware" directory that already exists on your scanner.
Finally, cycle power.

No, I don't have a copy of the previous firmware. How can I get it?

Thank you for the procedure to down loading previous firmware. Now I just have to obtain that little gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.