10 codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitnsand

There used to be a spot on the site to go and look at the 10 codes used in local areas. As well as a place to get the fire pager frequencies. Anyone know where those pages went.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
I was gonna ask the same thing, I haven't really looked, but I got maybe full, possibly partial 10 code list from elsewhere on the web, that appears to be correct, plus San Francisco PD uses an additional complaints code list. Hopefully there'll be or is a place were codes could be listed for each specific area.

captclint

Mentor
There used to be a spot on the site to go and look at the 10 codes used in local areas. As well as a place to get the fire pager frequencies. Anyone know where those pages went.
They should have been transferred to the WIKI Collaborate section that is listed to the right of the map of the area.

KE5TLF

...and with the info now being in the wiki it means any RR member can edit the information. Please feel free to add/update any info you have found to the applicable wiki pages.

I was gonna ask the same thing, I haven't really looked, but I got maybe full, possibly partial 10 code list from elsewhere on the web, that appears to be correct, plus San Francisco PD uses an additional complaints code list. Hopefully there'll be or is a place were codes could be listed for each specific area.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well said - and I would encourage anyone thinking of working in the wiki to take advantage of the Mediawiki and Quick editing guide links that exist on the top of each state's page (and some county pages, too). Just click on the word. These 2 links contain a wealth of information on how to work in the Wiki markup language. There is even a PDF printable quick reference card you can download.

Working in the wiki is not quite like HTML coding on a web page. There are some significant differences.

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can edit that page by clicking on the 'edit' tab on the left. Very simple.

To add a new section, simply enclose it in double equal signs - like so;

==New section name==

These section titles work very similarly to those found in Word; you can have sub sections just by adding a new pair of equal signs.

As this thread has moved to wiki topics, I will have it moved to the wiki forum, where this discussion is more appropriate.

73 Mike

kandrey89

Feed Provider
You can edit that page by clicking on the 'edit' tab on the left. Very simple.

To add a new section, simply enclose it in double equal signs - like so;

==New section name==

These section titles work very similarly to those found in Word; you can have sub sections just by adding a new pair of equal signs.

As this thread has moved to wiki topics, I will have it moved to the wiki forum, where this discussion is more appropriate.

73 Mike

Wow, I didn't see it. I'm not surprised though that I didn't, since with almost every wiki I've had problems locating buttons/links.

Status
Not open for further replies.