• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

11-Meter AM-19 Repeater in Colorado

RFI-EMI-GUY

I only know of 2 options that would work.
A split site repeater, or a remote via another band, Stuck with half duplex with the remote.
I just can't fathom a duplexer on 11 meters and single frequency. technically impossible.
Probably some sort of remote base setup. You can do a parrot repeater on a CB, but it would be an awful mess.

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior

“ . . I am really happy about this part !
Having it be:

1). FM mode only;

2). Only with CTCSS set

is going to rule out the vast majority of regular CB'ers having any interest in it.

. . That's also really cool about it being able to function as either:

A). semi-duplex; or,

B). simplex repeater

depending on the setup.”

New PRESIDENT Washington
Automatic Relay Feature.

Last edited:

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
I only know of 2 options that would work.
A split site repeater, or a remote via another band, Stuck with half duplex with the remote.
I just can't fathom a duplexer on 11 meters and single frequency. technically impossible.
If it’s the same channel in and out it’s split site and easy to do. I’m not saying I have repeated CB from So Cal to Dallas or Boston, but it works very well with a pair of Icom IC-7100s and Remote Rig boxes. You can’t really tell anything is being repeated but there is that group north of Boston chatting with So Cal CBers when there is no skip.