Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Hey Ridge, I dialed up 11175 about one hour after you posted your note that day. I was in and out of the shack after that, but did not hear a peep. Before that I was at work, but did not hear any corresponding traffic on 311.000 MHz. That does not mean anything other than they were out of my range for UHF. I am about 150 miles SE of you.

...and I just realized I was not monitoring the UHF EAM frequencies. ~ sigh ~

ridgescan

Yes- SKYKING. EAM messages. I videoed some of these yrs ago, they're also on 4724khz for a video, if anyone wants to hear/see any - from year 2011 that is. I envy your shack contents- an old DX 160 and a Wellbrook.
Thanks! I love that DX-160. I run it every. single. night. It is my bedtime rig. I tell ya, for a rig built in the mid-70s, this thing acts like it's new which truly shows how well-made it was even for Radio Shack:)

ridgescan

Hey Ridge, I dialed up 11175 about one hour after you posted your note that day. I was in and out of the shack after that, but did not hear a peep. Before that I was at work, but did not hear any corresponding traffic on 311.000 MHz. That does not mean anything other than they were out of my range for UHF. I am about 150 miles SE of you.

...and I just realized I was not monitoring the UHF EAM frequencies. ~ sigh ~
Hey vagrant, yeah as things usually go for me, everything pretty much died down after I posted. And I'm a guy who tries to post AS it's happening so others can get in on it too. There are posters in here who seem to wait till it's all over then they post their catch way later...why they do that I can guess but won't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.