147.800 mhz Non Ham Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

The dealer would have a liability if he / she programmed the radios to transmit on frequencies the user is not licensed for, or frequencies the radios are not type-accepted for.

Yes, I agree. The dealer was probably not a ham, if there was a dealer was involved at all. It could be an internet purchase and a random pick of frequencies.

Getting them off the 2 meter band is a priority, but how to do it in a safe manner?

Bob

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
just for a point of interest.
when i used to live in Duplin County, one of the hunting clubs formed themselves into a not for profit company. this allowed them to apply and get a business radio license. cant remember the frequency seems like it was 154.540 but that was a lllllloooonnnnggg time ago (before the days of MURS)
if more would do things like this it would solve problems. most of the clubs would be hunting when the normal businesses would be off so no real problem.
but guess it would be easier to do what you want to , rather than do it the legal way.
besides.......... "who is going to catch us"......... lol thats what they say anyway.

ok ......... i'll get off my soapbox.

i got another unknown it wasnt nearly as strong as the last but 147.27 ct 100.0

I know Benson has a repeater with an output of 147.27.

I have been hearing some sporadic activity on the 2m band around my area, and Holly Shelter is literally in my front yard. I can barely make out what is being said, but doesn't carry the same speed, length and cadence of ham comms.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Hunters here in the Madision Nc and upper Buncombe Nc uses Mairen Radios and some use 147.850 open squelch. If you try to tell them they can't use the ham frequencies they'll tell you off and keep using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.