154.250 SE PA

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
That is correct, the new repeater is not rebroadcasting the Simplex low wattage 151.01 PL 127.3, all the Burlington Bridge Commission police cars now have three radios, including the encrypted Burlington County Phase 2 talk group assigned to them.

Something's going to have to give, the reception of the repeater, if it's coming from headquarters at Route 73 in Palmyra is going to have to be worked on. The 49 cars went right over to the simplex Channel which I think have a range of maybe 5 MI.

The tower operators from each Bridge talk to each other on Marine Channel 13 to give a heads up that a vessel is on the way.

This actually makes no sense at all unless it was done so that the bosses could hear bridge openings from a distance.

Sorry I doubted you at first because it really made no sense to me but now it's all clear as to exactly what's going on. Here in Bristol we still have not had an opening even for a test, the 49 car was just picking up an operator at the change of shift.

As I had said even the supervisor for the commission I spoke to on the phone couldn't believe that it's been that long since a boat has passed under either Bridge.

I'll keep listening and keep everybody posted but they're going to have to get a radio technician to improve reception in Bristol or the cops will continue to use the 151.01 which they have had for decades and decades, very reliable communication for the bridge. I suspect the public works and maintenance and plows will stay on 151.01 and obviously the commission wants to use this repeater for bridge openings and communication between police and Tower.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
John if you followed all my posts, I can only assume, it's located on the New Jersey side of the Tacony Palmyra Bridge on Route 73 near Kerbeck car dealer at the headquarters of the Burlington County Bridge Commission, right near the old flea market which at one time was a outdoor movie theater I used to enjoy going to.😄