155.370

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPOWLD

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
180
Reaction score
1
Location
Westland, MI
155.370 Use in Western Wayne County

Here in Western Wayne County 155.370 is used as point to point/inter-city
by many depts. to commuicate with other P.D. depts. that do not operate on the same frequencies. Such as Livoinia to Redford. Westland to Wayne Co. Sheriff etc. They give info. on a incident that was called into the wrong dept. or info.on a accident or other police situation.
 

gg750

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Location
Traverse City, MI
jf222 said:
This is an inter-agency frequency - in NY state it connects the State Police and all counties and local agencies using VHF- hi - usually used by dispatch to dispatch to transfer or coordinate calls.

Um...New York? I'm talking about Michigan (this is the Michigan room). It would kinda hard to pick up New York from here.
 

RyltnVFD

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
406
Reaction score
1
Location
Over here.
gg750 said:
Um...New York? I'm talking about Michigan (this is the Michigan room). It would kinda hard to pick up New York from here.

I think he's just giving another example of how this frequency is used in other states, just as people have mentioned with Indiana and Ohio.
 

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
7,164
Reaction score
151
Location
Ann Arbor, Michigan
New York uses 155.370 MHz, just like we do here in Michigan. When the bands have been really open towards the east, I have heard New York agencies, including the NYSP come in loud and clear from the Buffalo area. One time I heard Kalamazoo County talking directly to Monroe County, New York confirming that a person who was wanted for escape was in custody in their county, which is located south of Buffalo.

At one time I was going to have a Plectron retuned to 155.370, and have it as a dedicated receiver 24/7, but a lot of the activity on there has fallen off over the years and I decided to spend my money more wisely on a digital scanner.

73's

Ron
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top