Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybex7254

Anyone know who is currently using Washington Twp's (Morris County) old police frequency of 155.415 (PL 192.8) now? I'm hearing what sounds like police chat (license plates being run, etc) but haven't been able to pinpoint the location. It does NOT sound like Washington Twp although the repeater output signal is fairly strong, the input seems a bit scratchy. Search of the DB yielded no results in NJ, NY or PA with that freq and PL pair.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
How long have you been hearing it? There was a major band opening last night and I was picking stuff up from all over.

Sybex7254

Off and on for the past few weeks. Haven't been listening too long at a stretch lately but just caught a bunch of short transmissions this morning. I an entire search of the DB and see a few agencies in TX, AZ and ME. That's a hell of a band opening if that's who I'm hearing.

Actually sounds like it could be another agency's input freq that is making it to the Wash Twp repeater since I'm getting full bars on receive but the audio is scratchy.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I'm not in the area to listen now, but a few weeks ago, I heard Long Valley EMS units operating on this channel too. They were communicating to county on the channel.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm hearing it right now, and it certainly sounds like something (probably a distant station) hitting the 159.210 input. As you noted, the audio is choppy but the signal strength is very strong, which is a key indication that it's coming through the input, and is not something you're hearing on 155.415 (192.8) directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.