156.090, 156.050 - Linn County Sheriff Repeater?

far342

Recently I was doing a service search and I came across 156.090 and noticed that it was giving the exact same transmissions as the LCSO Knox Butte frequency (151.130), just slightly delayed and at seemingly higher quality. I live relatively close to the Sheriff's Office so after travelling a bit further in town I compared the two frequencies again and for the most part they stayed the same but at some points I would pick up conversations on 156.090 when 151.130 would be silent but it was definitely the same users talking.

So for a few days after that I just assumed it had something to do with a repeater, even though it's listed as BM on the database. But another thing that threw me off is if it's a repeater input, why would it be behind the main frequency and why would 151.130 listed as a BM? I also do not currently have a radio reference subscription to confirm if 151.130 even has an input in the database.

However recently I discovered yet another frequency transmitting 151.130's transmissions slightly behind. It's 156.050. I put all three frequencies in their own bank (151.130, 156.050, 156.090) and they all are giving the same transmissions just at slightly different times and sometimes I can pick up more on the 156 frequencies than I do on the listed 151 frequency.

So what's going on here? Is this even a repeater or is it something else? Am I misunderstanding how repeaters work? Please let me know and thank you to any replies towards this.