2/12/18 New EZ Scan Update Today - Win 10 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingfan360

It would be nice to see future versions include a feature to archive audio files, and perhaps to store them on external media.

Maybe I've misunderstood your question, but have you tried the copy function in the audio tab of ezscan?
You can also copy across the raw .au files from the rec folder of the SD card to a folder on your device.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
I'm not seeing that here - is this following an import or when you edit the tag?

Sorry it was following a import from the RR DB, but only conventional objects. For example i added a bunch of ATC stuff and it just added the first letter only.

troymail

Silent Key
Sorry it was following a import from the RR DB, but only conventional objects. For example i added a bunch of ATC stuff and it just added the first letter only.

No problem.... I tried changing existin tags and also imported new conventional channels and didn't see any issues ..... Windows 10 (latest as far as I know)

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Not a big deal anyways, i edit most of my tags anyways to make more sense from their alpha tags. Seemed to only happen when i bulk imported objects sometimes it would not sometimes it would happen.

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

So...Do I wait for the "next version" with fixes, or do I update now?

I already had display issues with my low resolution Dell Netbook running XP. I like the little computer for mobile programming. I have tons of programming software on it that runs without any issues. The only program that displays messed up is EZscan.

Phil

G7HID

So...Do I wait for the "next version" with fixes, or do I update now?

I already had display issues with my low resolution Dell Netbook running XP. I like the little computer for mobile programming. I have tons of programming software on it that runs without any issues. The only program that displays messed up is EZscan.

Unless you need to use their server for other purposes you might as well stay with what you have..

Mike

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Issue Found - Win 7 User

Issue found - Win 7 user. When I select a TGID under the desired trunked system (under the Trunked Radio Systems tab) and go to Select a Scanlist, some strange things happen...

The first time the ## column, may appear to display actual numeric values, however should I scroll down further the numeric values no longer display. When I scroll back up the previous values that were there are also now gone.

It seems as those this can be "softly reset" by switching to another program (for example by by checking your email in) then returning back to the Whistler program. However, the glitch returns. I never had this issue before any of the two recent updates.

Attachments

• WhistlerSWGlitch_CW1.jpg
    WhistlerSWGlitch_CW1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 356

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I just tried it on my Windows 7 computer and the lists work fine on my computer.
Are you using Version 3.22 Bld 580?
That is what I have on mine

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what I had before (when it seemed to all work just fine). But I noticed the issue (as I describe above) after the two recent "updates". I currently have 2.32 installed.

TAbirdman

Not sure what I had before (when it seemed to all work just fine). But I noticed the issue (as I describe above) after the two recent "updates". I currently have 2.32 installed.
If you did the adjustments that whistler suggested on the first update to get the font sizing right, you might want to put those settings back and try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

CM1

Premium Subscriber
I tried to locate that info w/o any luck, any chance you can direct me to where that info is so I can try that ?
UPDATE: I rolled back to 2.30 and issue/problem is resolved/gone now. All works just like it did before. Sweet!

Last edited:

K3DRQ

Premium Subscriber
I cannot download software from the Whistler Web site, it keeps placing $0.00 in the shopping cart and asking me for credit card and payment info. Does anyone have a direct link?

K3DRQ

Premium Subscriber
See post #1 above...

Post #1 doesn't say anything about entering contact and credit card information and needing approval...

EDIT: Is the approval automatic once I fill in the "billing" information? It says no credit card is needed on the Download page...

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Post #1 doesn't say anything about entering contact and credit card information and needing approval...

Hi K3-
You should not be asked for credit card info. You will be asked to either sign in or provide your contact info and then it will proceed to the page with the download but it should NOT ask for credit card info.

Thanks,
Whistler Wendy

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Right. She links to it in her post. Select your scanner and it will take you to the proper page of available software and firmware (etc.). This is how Whistler does it...but it's $0.00 so no CC needed.

K3DRQ

Premium Subscriber
I just entered my callsign address as "billing", it told me I didn't need to enter any further credit card info, and I received the download in email in less than a minute. Thank you!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I just entered my callsign address as "billing", it told me I didn't need to enter any further credit card info, and I received the download in email in less than a minute. Thank you!

I think they do it that way (the whole add to the cart and check out thing) so that they get your contact info because you will get emails if/when new versions are posted. It's kind of handy, I suppose, though I usually see a message about it posted here before I get the email. :lol:

johnkihl

Premium Subscriber
The Current Software update is still broken for windows 10 systems??? They Need to fix this, the software
still cannot adjust the font size!!!
I am currently using the latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.