• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2010 Impala Console Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
I just recently purchased a 2010 Chevy Impala with 25K miles. It has the "bench" seat (actually 2 bucket seats with a armrest that folds up for the 3rd seat.) The gear shift is on the column. Another ham friend of mine has a similar 2008 Impala, and we're both trying to come up with ideas on how to get preferably a full sized console into our cars.

It's our understanding that in the 9C1/9C3 model, there is something called a "crumple zone bracket" that the rear of the console bracket mounts to. Does anyone know if this is a part that can be bought through a parts department at a dealer? Has anyone done an install in one of these cars without this bracket?

The radios that I'm looking to mount in the car are a Yaesu FT-8800R, Alinco DR-06T, Alinco DR-235T, and a Motorola MCS2000 (900 MHz). I may add a scanner in the future, if there's room. I'd like to completely remove what is currently in the center, and purchase the armrest and cupholders that will go into the Ram Mount console, for example.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9,134

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
That bracket is already in there Under the seat, The best thing is to remove the flip out center and buy a Impala console for bucket seats. You can mount up to 4 radios depending on size.

KJ4NFP

There are several options available. Jotto offers an angleD console with 12" of mounting (4 radios) with an optional floor plate and Console storage armrest. I just finished an unmarked impala. I purchased the floor plate from Troy Products, a tunnel console with 18" of mounting space and an optional armrest on the back of it. Once you get a floor plate, the options are pretty far out. You are not locked into anything "vehicle specific" with this car except that mounting floor plate. The rest is all in how creative you can become. Good luck!

RJC
KJ4NFP

N6RDT

Premium Subscriber
Nice car

Yes, I agree, Jotto desk or Havis make full size consoles for the Impala. Remove the entire enter armrest and use existing seat bolts to mount your console.

Dave
N6RDT

steele_lpd

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I dropped a full Havis Track-Mount console into an '07 9C3 Impala with that same center fold-up bench seat. It's held in by 4 bolts and a hinge in the front and can be removed completely to make room for a full console. Instead of the split-level Track-Mount base made for the 9C1 models I used a straight 17'' base bolted in the back to the rearmost center seat bolts with modified Havis '00-'05 Impala rear seat brackets and anchored in the front with the Havis Impala front seat bracket. On top of that I mounted the '06-'12 Impala angled console under the dash and a straight 10'' Impala box between the seats. It worked like a champ and didn't shake or rattle at all.

I have more/better pics on my computer at the house but here's one handy to me on the web:
07console1.jpg

dacaskie

please do share...what do have the HHCH running? i have been wanting one of those for some time, just haven't found the right deal/setup....

Doc

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
I decided to go with the RAM mount console. I was able to get the bracket that mounts to the 4 bolts on the bottom sides and raises up the level in the rear, from a dealer. This piece is standard in the public safety version.

It was a lot of work, but it's installed! Now to get the antennas mounted and power hooked up...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332735538.174685.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332735538.174685.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 6,871

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
What is the "tray" or sectioned area just underneath the armrest and below the four cigarette lighter jacks? I see the word "MOUNT" upside down on it but can't discern the rest of the writing.

From personal experience, I found out that having the cup holders behind the arm rest allowed front and rear seat passengers use of them. Also, keeping the cup holders away from the radios or electronic controls avoided possible spills or splashing from contents of vessels used for beverages.

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
That's just one of the ram mount accessory trays that I got to fill the rest of the space, and give me some storage room. It has the tray on top with those 3 sections, and that will also lift off, revealing a small box below. I haven't decided on the final configuration of where everything will go yet, so things could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.