2019 Dodge Charger install

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

How does your VHF antenna work in the location? I had a 2012 Charger and mounted a dual band antenna there and it didn't work very well in that location. I tried several different antennas I had and all the same. I tried the trunk channel (L-brackets) on the side and they didn't work very well either.
I haven't noticed any issues with the VHF antenna. I do notice, however, that portable radios suffer significant loss of range inside the car. More so than the car I traded in. Not sure why that is.

Clean. What is gained with the APX head shell other than clean fresh plastic? I run an XTL5k in the truck. I too like my rigs all fresh and minty but just asking if there are any other advantages I may not know about.
The only difference is that it is black instead of grey, so it matches the other head and the rest of the interior.

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
OK. Makes sense.
BTW your avatar makes me slightly nervous. I feel as if Pauly is ticked off I didn't make this weeks' vig!

Either way a nice and clean setup for sure.

phillydjdan

Most all the popo chargers are V6's, plenty of APX's on those.

He's right, you know. The only real difference is that the Stability Control System is disabled to a certain extent and the speed limiter is set higher. I can "dsiable" mine, and although it's not 100% disabled, it really does make a huge difference. I just can't go above 119 MPH with the limiter in place. I think a lot of agencies are leaning towards the V6's due to fuel costs.

phillydjdan

There are 2 speakers, one on each side, and you're exactly right. On the floor at the front of the seats next to the center console.

mrweather

On my Charger I decided to mount a speaker (Kenwood KES-4) to the metal rail that runs across along and below the seat. It's angled towards the base of the steering wheel and moves when the seat moves. Audio is nice and loud, and so far no interference issues with my legs getting in/out of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.