25945 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB3RXH

Premium Subscriber
I was spinning the dial today before work and I caught 850 KOA out of Denver on 25495 AM at 18:27 UTC. It was on until about 18:30 then cut out. I thought this was very odd, I didn't have much time before I had to leave for work, but a very quick google search didn't come up with anything.

Their website didn't mention a feed at this frequency. Does anyone have an idea why I picked this up?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Perhaps a little Es (E skip) - which does sometimes go down this low - and the short duration gives circumstantial evidence to the theory (Es can last a very short time...). They're probably using it as an interruptable feedback loop if their satellite feeds are not working

Take a look at this in another forum - the website is pretty interesting...

http://forums.radioreference.com/sk...ite-remote-broadcast-auxilliary-stations.html

best regards..Mike

a29zuk

In the past the local television station my brother works at used NFM around 26000khz but I don't remember the exact frequency. They quit using it about 15 years ago, though.

KB3RXH

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like you were right. I'm picking them up again at 17:30 UTC. I didn't realize it was FM mode until you mentioned it. I was picking it with a lot of static in AM mode but it is clear as bell in NFM. Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.