• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

27.285MHz AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexTAC

Premium Subscriber
There’s a retard near Atlanta on the east side who’ll blank the channel (19) when someone makes him angry. Which is fairly often. His guardian needs a punch in the teeth for allowing him near a high-power radio.
I don’t know if you are using the term “retard” to describe someone who has Downs Syndrome or just someone you want to disparage, but either way, it’s demeaning and cruel. I would typically just scroll down, move away, and avoid interacting with you in the future, but I’m burying a niece tomorrow who lived a very short life with cerebral palsy and decided to make a point. I’ll figure out how to block you on this forum and move along now.

Edited to add - You also wrote “Re-tards and real retards.” In post #4 of this thread.

Last edited:

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
Wow, why does that guy in particular bother you? Sounds like 90% of everyone else out there.
No. There might be a chance he might be paraplegic. I have yet to hear anyone reply to the guy. If it is a troll then I would just ignore it because all that person is doing is looking for any sort of attention just like 90% of the others on the 11m band.

I am wondering why people in general are blatantly ignoring him if he is legit and not trolling.

Side note:
As far as post #4. Please let's not insult and flame people who have down's syndrome on this thread topic. Doing so is egregiously discriminant.
And please have common decency and decorum, showing respect to all even if it is on bad days and even if you dislike people in general. This is a forum not channel 28 on CB.

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know if you are using the term “retard” to describe someone who has Downs Syndrome or just someone you want to disparage, but either way, it’s demeaning and cruel. I would typically just scroll down, move away, and avoid interacting with you in the future, but I’m burying a niece tomorrow who lived a very short life with cerebral palsy and decided to make a point. I’ll figure out how to block you on this forum and move along now.

Edited to add - You also wrote “Re-tards and real retards.” In post #4 of this thread.

I've Ignored this user for a while now... not for demeaning posts like the one mentioned above. But because his usual random ramblings that make next to no sense. It saves me headaches from reading his constant use of unnecessary Bold Fonts/Italics/Underlines/CAPITAL LETTERS when he attempts to string together his lost understanding of the topic he is responding to.

BTW... Condolences to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.